Sandwiches

That has given me an amazing idea for something else as my next experiment, haha… stay tuned.

1 Like

New sandwich invention

5 Likes

Take it to the pudding thread fancy pants.

1 Like

Triple cheese and pickle sandwich with crisps. The cheeses were Dairylea, Cheddar and Emmental.

5 Likes

What flavour crisps though? I’m guessing it’s cheese and onion? I’d Bish it up with Salt and Vinegar for some extra bite.

What’s the consensus on 3 slices of bread to create a double layer?
I feel a separate compartment for those crisps would be pleasant.

I’m all about the filling, so more bread than needed is a waste of eating to me personally but then I do like a club sandwich, decisions, I guess it depends on the sandwich?

1 Like

Imo if you’re adding another layer it needs to be very soft bread, anything too sturdy will make the sarnie too dry and hard in texture.

This is good but I think it needs to be squashed a bit so the crisps are more broken up, thus becoming more of the sarnie rather than a crunchy added side if you know what I mean.

I’ll definitely try that next time.

What does adding emmental contribute to this situation? It taste’s of nowt!

Yeah I’ve never been down with Emmental.

1 Like

Surely the custard you’ll be adding would stop it drying out?

3 Likes

I like to take the GB nubbins (ends) hollow them out, then fill with bolognese and cheese.

If I ever open a restaurant, this will be a starter option.

*chefs kiss

2 Likes

Agree on these. So much power for a £1 sandwich ! Deffo the king of the supermarket sarnie. Me and my brother have been singing the praises of this beauty for years. Stoked it’s getting a mention.

Teamed with a bag of salt and vinegar crisps and it’s a fine old lunchtime.

2 Likes

here’s an extreme version of that: Bunny Chow

It’s a curry in a hollowed-out half loaf of bread, with the excavated bit on the side to act as a sauce sponge.

1 Like

The 99p Boots Chicken Mayo will never be defeated in this respect and this is a hill I will gladly die on.

1 Like

I’ve never tried that red onion and cheese sandwich because I don’t like cheese and Mayo mixed together. I’ll be a soldier and try one now.

My go-to supermarket sandwich is egg and cress. Just felt I had to share that. Feel better now.

3 Likes

A decent local sandwich shop used to do this as a special and I always looked out for it. They used to fry the lid in butter and herbs too. It’s a very filling sandwich banger!

Sandwiches are lunch in my world. Lunch is midday. You’re spinning me out now.

1 Like