Sandwiches

Reading through this thread and I just wanted to say that a tattie scone/potato farl beats hash browns in your breakfast butties. I usually make my own with plenty of white pepper.

Shoutout to Ciaran who made me a banging chicken sandwich yeaaaars ago when I was a jam butty purist.

4 Likes

Egg, tattie scone, bacon and black pudding.

To be fair I overdid the egg a bit but the yolk was still nice and runny. You want it oozing onto the plate so you can mop it up with your last gobful.

Washed down with a pint of yorkshires finest, or Ringtons if you’re feeling spunky.

3 Likes

What the fuck is a tattie scone

God tier breakfast item

1 Like

Okay but what is it

1 Like

Looks like soda bread?

Mashed potato, flour, salt and white pepper. Make a dough. Fry it in butter or bacon fat serve with a cooked breakfast. Whenever I make mashed potato I always make extra so I can bang out a batch of tattie scones, it also gives a better texture/flavour if you make it when the mash is still warm.

If you toast a tattie scone you’re blowing it.

3 Likes

We started using the TooGoodToGo app to get loads of cheap sandwiches and stuff at the end of the day.

Basically each day loads of food places give away all the unsold stuff in big bags. Yesterday from Wenzels we got 2 tuna mayo sandwiches, 2 footlong baguette sandwiches of different types, 2 bags of doughnuts (big fat ones) and a whole sourdough bloomer for 3 quid. So good.

Also Pret/Costa, I think Greggs are on there, M&S etc. 2022 is gonna be the year of the sandwich in the Snurp household.

3 Likes

Just downloaded it, there’s some pretty good deals there!

1 Like

I’m waiting for Bish to make a sandwich out of another totally different sandwich. Sandwich as the filling in a sandwich inception.

2 Likes

I have a pic from Instagram of a meatloaf sandwich which basically looks like a turd.

I’ll refrain from posting as I’ll probably get a ban :rofl:

2 Likes

Saw this on Reddit: Bish’s future business partner:

3 Likes

I love crab sticks! That could be good but look a bit dry. Needs some more splash.

I starting following this guy today!

Big fan of crab sticks. Or as we know them to be called thanks to Partridge, crab flavoured sticks.

Used to have them as part of an ocean mix baguette back in the day. Lush.

2 Likes

Crab meat, yes.
Crab sticks, no.

I like crab and sweet corn sarnies.

Crab sticks are good in sushi, I’d never eat one on it’s own though

“Crab” sticks is their proper name.

1 Like

Just made a banging fish finger, spinach and mayo sandwich.

Tripped UP the stairs, leaving the sandwich in a thousand pieces at the top of the stairs.

Fucking fuming.

4 Likes

5 second rule.