Sandwiches

Sandwiches should not be wet

Am I a class traitor if I say I like cucumber sandwiches?

1 Like

In general I’d agree with you but this is the exception which proves the rule.

I saw Richard Ayoade eat one of these on travel man, I’ve wanted one ever since

personally find the only crisps that go well in a sarnie to be cheese and onion. little bit of grated cheese and red onion in there for extra bang if you’re feeling it

1 Like

Sugar puff sandwiches :slight_smile:

Crunch is an important factor.

I’m a firm believer that any meal can be put in between bread and enjoyed.

1 Like

You have to toast the bread so when you pick it up, the whole thing doesn’t fall apart. I worked in a cafe for my first job and that’s what they did for the bread and burger buns. Made a big difference for the better.

Far prefer wraps now though, zero food coma after lunch.

1 Like

Food where I don’t need cutlery tends to be my favourite, such as burritos or sushi.

2 Likes

Burger buns yes. Not for sandwich’s.

2 Likes

Cheese and pickle on brown bread.

Cucumber on white bread.

Cheese and tomato in a crusty cob.

1 Like

At the moment I’m all about toasted wraps and haven’t had a sandwich in months, but let’s keep this on topic.

Its not the war, you can branch out a bit.

1 Like

Anyone had one from Katz Deli?

Best sandwich Ive ever had.

2 Likes

Kat from Eastenders? Now we’re talking

2 Likes

I’ve had the Pastrami on Rye, the Salami one and the salt beef. Salami was disappointing but the others were banging. I’m veggie now so I’d order cheese and pickle if I went there again :smiley:

1 Like

Depends if you choose to wash it down with a glass of pimms

Was about to mention this earlier. Was so so good, even if quite touristy and really chaotic ordering system.

@anon83623327 brought Reubens restaurant, https://reubensrestaurant.com/ to my attention as London’s equivalent. The pics look pretty good so I may hit it when I’m next up central.

1 Like

Forum meet up? Lets not pretend we’re going to skate, lets just buy sandwiches and take the piss out of each other

4 Likes