Seafront / sea defence spots

I love a seafront spot…. Bang up some photos!

Bambi, in newhaven

7 Likes

Daryl Dominguez - Blackpool
Photo: Kingsford

7 Likes

Same spot as the Bambi photo.

Dougie George, nollie back heel. Photo by James Griffiths.

At the mention of sea defence spots this is the first thing that comes to mind. Reminiscent of the Double D photo too.

Cardiel, gap ollie Ocean Beach sea wall SF ‘93.

Another angle, same year, Julian Stranger, drop in. BK photo.

6 Likes

I’ve been to the Newhaven lighthouse spot and stayed in an apartment on the Great Highway pretty much opposite the Ocean Beach gap back in ‘93. The following year I was in Morocco for the winter and stumbled on this spot. It didn’t occur to me you could skate UP it.

Seb Vijverberg, kickflip from the seawall up the stair gap. Agadir. Photo Hermann. Cover of Free Skate Mag.

6 Likes

Cmoac but saw the drop in go down the end of a sick day

3 Likes

Chicago sea walls

5 Likes

Keen Will at Rhyl by Mike Ridout.

#notaspot

6 Likes

Couldn’t find original photo so stole from eBay

5 Likes

My scan of Cardiel there (Bryce Kanights photo from Thrasher) it took about a day to try to get the crease out of the middle and I still fucked up the bottom of the stairs.

2 Likes

Olly Todd by Sam Ashley.

5 Likes

That’s so sick, how is that even possible

Relatedly, this is excellent: The Last Stand — Marc Wilson Photography

4 Likes

I know, I thought the ollie in from the top of the stairs was pretty bananas. Can’t remember who did that. I was thinking Nassim Lachlab or maybe Eniz Fazilov - the old cogs are grinding away but I’m still coming up blank. Going up is nuts.

That’s ace. There are a lot of pill boxes on the Wirral. Couple on Cayton Bay too. Not seen any in real life for ages though.

I recognise and have been to a fair few of the places in those photos.

This one is Fort Henry, Studland Bay, Dorset.

Fun fact: Some weeks before D-Day, Operation Smash, (pre D-Day live fire training), was taking place on the beach below.

Observing the going’s on from the safety of the fort were Winston Churchill, Dwight Eisenhower, King George V, Louis Mountbatten and Field Marshal Montgomery. All in one place at one time. Imagine if their presence had been general knowledge and that bunker had been hit - could have changed a lot, eh.

Sorry for derail.

3 Likes

Anytime you need cleanup photoshop job, you can send em my way, I really enjoy doing them.

1 Like

Thank you. You might regret saying that!

2 Likes

Eccles On Sea, Pillbox.

4 Likes

This entire video is filmed on the Sussex coast

6 Likes

These run all the way down the beach in Blackpool and are so fun. Used to go to a festival in Blackpool yearly about 10 years ago and would skate them pinging for ages hahah.

Also this in Redcar is fuckin well fun:

8 Likes