Shoes

Those primark ones look like they are in pain when you see them on foot in real life.

3 Likes

I was going to say they look like the FP shoes. Do they get their shoe names from throwing a dart at a map of the UK or what ever English Town appears in the news that week.

Bahahahaha! Yeah, they maybe don’t offer the support that their average wearer requires.

I’d say that it’s because these particular placenames are all pretty easy to say in any language. Case in point is that pretty much every country has a Hotel Bristol somewhere, as the word Bristol doesn’t get mixed up by local, non-English pronunciation. With the exception of Bristol itself, where it’s called Brizzle…

And then my clever theory gets torpedoed by the Lakai Loughborough or Gloucester.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSr71jkJtWf/

Not a big fan of mids but those look pretty good.

How did I miss this? adi sold Reebok

Yeah I’m surprised at that because I thought they were making headway after jumping on the whole CrossFit trend.

The Lakai ‘Loo bo roo’ or ‘Gloo kester’

3 Likes

Thought for a second they were bringing out a Biz Markie model for some reason

3 Likes

An old colleague of mine is a writer and incorporated Looga Barooga into one of his novels after an Australian backpacker asked him where to get the bus to Loughborough…

8 Likes

I heard the Aussie Looga Barooga thing from French… my local station is Looga Barooga Junction.

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve heard a stand up where they make a similar joke about Loughborough, but can’t place it.

In shoe related news, I took the Last Resorts for their first spin (walking to Sainsbury’s, not actually skateboarding) earlier. They nice. Big fan.

I took a risk buying them as they are not cheap and I’m not usually a high top guy, but they’re really nice. They feel really good quality, especially the laces for some reason. Much more comfortable than expected as well. Personally, they’re not what I’d chose to skate it, but I can see myself wearing them all the time.

4 Likes

I’m waiting till I hear what he thinks about Dill first, before I buy a pair.

i find last resort pretty stinking tbh but the bottoms of your legs look kinda steezy here pal so it gets a pass

2 Likes

This gave me a laugh the other day.

And I back the Kalis Vulc. Nice shoes, zero break in but some nasty colour ways.

4 Likes

Haha. I actually felt pretty steezy walking around the frozen food isle

2 Likes

These are nice.

2 Likes

Dunks look sick but as soon as I put them on they turn into cornish pasties and look s h i t e

1 Like

Yup that’s why I don’t wear them. I’m so bummed I sold all of my OG DS pairs I had, but I had no money and was at Uni. If Stock X prices are reasonably accurate I’d have a house deposit, haha.

At a point currently where I can start stocking up on loads of shoes again without the need to sell them now! I haven’t been able to since 2015. Space, money, locations I was living in etc. Exciting to buy Adidas this time around.

1 Like