Shoes

Not sure about recently but my daughter had a pair of brown/gum half cans when around 3yo and had a pair of skate hi for her first skate shoes a year or two back. Can’t get them in normal skate shops though, tends to be the likes of skatehut/surfdome/office(!)

My kids are so old when they were toddlers you couldn’t get kids vans in this country at all. Had to get my mate in Japan to send them over.

Do you guys hate your kids and want them to grow up with terrible feet?

5 Likes

Yep :rofl:

Joking aside I think the cabs were worn twice and the skate hi a couple of times before she grew out of them. Which happened fast!

Those new skate cortez on Korahns Instagram story

https://instagram.com/stories/kaygeezeee/2933751956784508874?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

They look a bit weird but I’ve seen worse.

It’s the type of shoe you convince yourself are alright and then in 5 years time you’ll see a photo of you in them and be like ‘fucking hell’.

3 Likes

There’s not many SB’s I’d actually want to buy now, if I had to get a pair I’d be most keen on Janoski’s.

I just bought some Bruin Reacts as chillers / work shoes.

I got some of them Grant Taylor low top shits on right now.

1 Like

They remind of that period in the mid-late 00s where everyone was trying to put those running soles on skate shoes - thinking of Etnies, DVSs etc

They look great on someone else’s feet as they’re skating away, but absolutely would not suit me whatsoever. Pretty much what I expected when I first saw pictures of them to be fair.

As @BvS says there’s a slight smack of DVS. Maybe a bit of early mid-00s Lakai. Something I could imagine Biebel wearing in Fully Flared if they were a touch chunkier.

I had a pair of the DVS Milan which were one of their running shoe soles, Baines used to always wear them too. Might still have a pair somewhere?

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 15.19.42

Yeah that’s what I was thinking of. They maybe did a similar model that had an air sole as well.

1 Like

The Prophet?

2 Likes

That’s the one!

1 Like

I had some Duffs with that sort of sole and rolled my ankle so so bad in them. Fuck those soles

1 Like

Leon from Hyde park in 2005 wants his shoes back.

1 Like

I skated a pair of red and white Duffs from tk maxx once that were very similar to these

DVS’ stab at a Reebok Classic with an airsole. They were hugely popular at the time.

1 Like