Skate shoe subscription box

I’ve worn the same pair of beige wallabees for every shoe-worthy occasion* for about ten years.

*Not including weddings. I’ve got some smart shoes for those.

**I’ve got loads of skate shoes though.

million pairs of trainers and in the hot months I’ve been experimenting with sandals.
but every time I need to wear a pair of decent shoes for an event I’ll just nip to tk max and get some half decent looking brogues for £29.99.

and can confirm normies at work have one pair of shoes they wear the whole time.

2 Likes

I can’t wear sandals, just don’t like having exposed toes so I’ve started slobbing round in a pair of my retired running shoes. 700 miles on them and they’re still comfy as fuck and much better ventilated and way better than skate shoes for just walking about in the warmer weather. Fortunately I’m past caring too much about what I look like now.

I get what you’re saying and others concerns. This would be a premium box of new release shoes. No crappy brands or old shoes bought on the cheap.

I know some people are loyal to their favourite brands and this box won’t be for them.

I’m looking for how many people that this might appeal too.

I’m looking for how many people that this might appeal too.
[/quote]

The answers zero mate. Sorry.

1 Like

How are you planning to have premium new release shoes to sell at discount every month, with a bunch of other stuff?

That doesn’t even matter tho. They could be perfectly good shoes from a decent brand but… if it’s not a brand/model I’m into and would actively choose to wear because I like skating in them then I don’t want them.

Nobody’s sitting around thinking ‘I really must broaden my shoe horizons’.

This is why I asked if you skate. Changing up skate shoes unnecessarily is not like getting into a new band via a cd club or vinyl subscription service or being exposed to a new author via a publisher’s book club or something. There’s almost nothing to be gained over buying a pair of shoes you know you like when you need them.

Anyway. If you’re determined to go ahead regardless - which it seems you are - good luck with it. I’m not wishing you failure but don’t say you weren’t warned.

It’s a no from me. But good luck with your project. We are all just crabby old fucks here so don’t let us stop you.

1 Like

Corey on Osiris:

"Every time I’d try to design a shoe I’d see the mock-up and it’d look great, and then a month later I get the actual shoe and it’s, “What the hell is this? What’s this colourway, what’s this shoe and why is it vulcanised?” The shoes were definitely something I was always ashamed of having my name on.

I had a few Osiris shoes and every one was a shoe I didn’t get to design. That was something I was always not too stoked on, having a shoe out there with my name on it that kids think I skate, yet I haven’t even put my foot in one because it hurts my feet so bad and I wouldn’t even want to skate it. It’s the same with clothing sponsors, they would put your name on shit that you didn’t even sign up for. Stuff you wouldn’t even see until the catalogue came out. “What is that obnoxious thing?!”"

3 Likes

With these there’s not much of a design anyway!

2 Likes

What brands and Distros have you contacted already? I’m guessing not a single one?

1 Like

Thrasher are involved. Heavy start.

Forgot about that, seems to have scored some good margins on it to give away for free.

1 Like

Hold up. If Thrasher are involved, then surely that would go through Shiner? Don’t they distribute Straye?
Thrasher and Straye shoe subscription confirmed.

1 Like

You can pretty much buy Straye for £20 a pair if you dont mind them having FUCK printed on em so this sounds like pure profit to me

2 Likes

Well I’m sold. Been sorting out shoes today been fun.

I just watched this interview a few days ago almost kinda felt bad for duffel, I always thought he was talented, he did say something about turning down Nike and even admitted it was a bad idea but hey shit happens