Skateboard Cafe- Impressions

These are sick.

2 Likes

Midsole’s a bit too high but not bad

I really really loved Skateboard Cafe 1.0 with mint choc chip, pastels, Chanel Donut rip off etc etc The jazzy art stuff isn’t the sort of aesthetic that I’d go for but still appreciate that the team is crazy good and the edits are rad.

1 Like

My Dad has rocked the all grey/silver Hi-Tec Silver Shadow exclusively for the past 35 years.

3 Likes

That was a rad edit . That back tail was ooof . Delicious

Cafe is rad. I went to the Alfresco premier at House of Vans. All of their videos have been good, I had of there early Starbucks spoofs and had a couple of T-shirts.

1 Like

I love this crew. I mean, it would be “strategic” to go for the best skaters or free agents in the UK at the moment, but you’ve got 2 of the UK’s tech legends (Dom Henry and Korahn) beside a punk (Harry) and a handful of locals from Bristol (Arnott, Layth, Ollie Lock and Sam Nobbs) who’ve been quietly killing it, with Shaun Currie and the rest, all doing their own thing on their own terms for years. And, for a few, Cafe seems to be their only sponsor. Proper understated secret weapons.

Layth’s circle workout at College Green is exactly how he skates all the time and it’s savage to see him still able to huck proper tech hammers down Lloyds into his mid 30s.

6 Likes

Skated a pair of the white Hi Tecs (Squash?) when it was a bit of a trend in Leeds. They were pretty good and about £20. I am fascinated by people skating in non-skate shoes.

This might be of some interest then:

3 Likes

Those asics look nice. Must resist the urge to buy new shoes!

1 Like

I bought some after seeing Matt Town’s section in Spirit Quest. I just fancied a change from the Tennis Classics or Dr J lows. They’re really flat and have very squared off edges on the sole. I properly rolled my ankle stepping off out of a nosegrind the first day I wore them. Consigned them to the chiller/ gather dust pile and got the tried and trusteds out again.

1 Like

The fact he is my age and skating so well really stokes me out.

4 Likes

He’s one of those skaters who’s found his groove and stuck with it over the past 15 years or so, aging like a fine wine.

3 Likes

What’s the name of the bottom one? Looks like FCs a little. Would 100% cop.

Layth Sami 100% in my top 5 U.K. skaters.

2 Likes

Hi-Tec Squash

1 Like

Who was the guy from Wakefield who always wore fucked up non skate shoes and skated the crustiest Yorkshire spots?

Jase Brown, wasn’t from Wakey but Addingham or something I think? Has lived in Whitby for the last few years, had a bit of contact with him over the last year or so. Vague posted loads of rad Jase footage recently

layth (and brandon turner) do give me a big urge to skate stairs again i must say

2 Likes