Stoked!

Doubling the number of Death pros on the forum overnight. Superb.

8 Likes

Day off today and actually going skating tomorrow. I think this is my Christmas.

9 Likes

Got a projector. Everything I watch looks epic now.

Which one did you get? Iā€™ve looked before but it seemed like you had to drop serious money to get something comparable to a good tv. Plus do you have the cooling fan humming all the time?

I got one off eBay for Ā£50 that was used in some big lecture hall and was the size of a Ford Fiesta.
It was so rad, all your skate vids all big and in your face.
Then the bulb went and it just didnā€™t work out economically.
Always meant to get a new one but never got round to it.

Optoma UHD38 - a long throw 4k model. Picked it a little cheaper than normal at ā‚¬750. Havenā€™t had a TV since 2010 and been using a 34" monitor instead, so thereā€™s not much of a hardware replacement, other than taking down a large mirror off the wall.

However, I do have to contend with some serious corner pinning and keystoning as itā€™s off to the side of the wall/sofa, so thereā€™s a bit of a ghost parallelogram framing the rectangular display area. No big deal though, as putting a centred shelf for the projector on the opposite wall would look ugly for the other 22 hours of the day.

THe sound is minimal as Iā€™ve got it on the eco setting, with the brightness turned down quite a bit and itā€™s still super bright and clear. When itā€™s on the extra bright setting, which youā€™d need on a sunny day, then itā€™s a bit louder, but if you have semi-decent speakers, you wonā€™t hear it. Sticking a Chromecast in the back and running an optical lead to the speakers, or laptop-> HDMI and bluetooth the laptop sound to the speakers are the best audio setups for me.

I was looking at a few other ultra-short throw models which would suit the sitting room layout a bit better, but then thereā€™s other issues like the fireplace & mantelpiece to contend with. Half thinking to get my hands on a UST just to see how or if it would work, but thatā€™s a lot of money I donā€™t need to spend right now.

About to get boostered. Sketched me out when they handed me a piece of paper informing me I was getting the ā€˜Spikevaxā€™ vaccine. Hadnā€™t heard about the brand name for the Moderna vaccine. Itā€™s all so dystopian but Iā€™ll be glad to get it done.

3 Likes

Had a near on 2+ hour chat with my uncle (havenā€™t seen since last Christmas) about the futility, or not, of work. No one trying to win an argument or anything, just a good chat about life. I like that.

11 Likes

My best mate sending one into and off a roof for Vague Mag :heart:

11 Likes

Youā€™d be all chuffed to get down the slope on your feet until you remembered the drop coming up like, ahhh fuck

1 Like

Drama department in school have asked if I can make some working splurge guns for the Bugsy Malone musical in June, I feel like my life has been leading up to this moment.

14 Likes

Yesss haha this is amazing.

Yo big shout to everyone that left a kind message above for me last week, havenā€™t been on here in a bit and only just saw them! Youā€™re all the best!!

8 Likes

I was in the office today, so ah went and got a ā€˜festiveā€™ falafel burger from this place thatā€™s not too far from the office.

Damn, shit was goooood. Messy, but goood.

Could sleep on a chickenā€™s lip now, though.

3 Likes

Just had the report through from a lump I had removed from my ear and itā€™s not cancer. Stoked on that.

35 Likes

real good news

2 Likes

Great news! Breathe and relax.

1 Like

I knew as soon as I saw the doctor, he asked me how I was in an overly jolly manner, gave me the result and I just said Iā€™m not going to waste much of his time but had to tell him I was really impressed with all the staff and the surgeon herself. I wasnā€™t in any serious discomfort or anything before the op but Iā€™m hugely thankful to the NHS at this point.

12 Likes

Congrats @ihatethegeneralpublic

Unrelated but look at the absolute size of this bastard

5 Likes

Holy cluck! Thatā€™s a big one.

2 Likes

Stoked for you. Also, pretty sure that must be the most liked lost ever

1 Like