Stoked!

Are those gullwing reissues? I thought the baseplte was taller? Or maybe I’m thinking about Street Shadows

They original Speedwheels seconds? I’ve got a set on an 80s board, they’ve faded loads though

Yeah exactly those. These are really discoloured Bluey/green but match the deck pretty well I thought.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I love your grip job there, it’s rad. I just couldn’t deal with it under my feet when I looked down.

Someone offered $1500USD for a NOS one of those couple years ago on the S&B forums.

2 Likes

Todd Twist!

Yeah, he has a good few it seems probably raided Shiner of their old stock.

beautiful.

Nice - got to love an 80’s set up!

I have an (ironing board flat) Vision Gonz Reissue that’s good fun for low impact Dad stunts.

I’d get myself an early Natas set up but thrifty me can’t justify the expense. Might be one for beer night ebaying?

More of these please. :+1:

2 Likes

Just get a reissue like me, plenty of bits to make one up. Of course it’s still more expensive than a typical setup but you’re hardly gonna snap it in a week.

1 Like

Managed to pass an exam today.
Try to avoid them but this one was kind of forced upon me at work.

That was ace!

This chap, Chico & an imaginary internet friend I made on MAS put 80’s reissues to very good use.

I’m a little lower impact… :slight_smile:

It’ll definitely be another reissue - I couldn’t contemplate using an OG!! *lights big fat cigar with a fifty *

Would you (or anyone else reading) know if Venture have a truck out that’ll fit?

Not sure I’d want to do that. Had Ranalli trucks on my first pro sled :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

My first actual proper board pre my Christmas complete was a Skull skates (I only recently found this out, the only writing it had on it was “Tub tec 3”, pink fluro Deadbolt trucks and disco balls. A very 1988 setup I skated for all of 92. Then at Christmas I had to learn to ollie again because the setup was so different.
I’m not hankering after pink Deadbolts, the Allen pins used to undo all the time.

Weren’t Ranalli’s what you got on Pacer completes anyway?
I was so close to getting a Pacer Transplant setup at one point.

I saw a Transplant for sale at an auto-jumble last year.
£50 - complete.

BITD, a mate had a Variflex ‘Air Attack’ that I liked a lot more than my Mad Skull (same as a Turbo II).

1 Like

I don’t think so. They had this weird raised grind area, total gimmick and totally useless. Snapped both of them quite quickly.

I actually don’t mind the look of gullwings.

I’m thinking of getting a natas reissue but will deffo try and get some NOS indy’s to go on it, and preferably some oj ii freeze streets.

1 Like