The Book Thread

It is this

3 Likes

Well that clinches it :joy: I’m off sailing for a few days as of tomorrow and needed to pack a book. It has to be something light that I can just dip in and out of and I was drawing a blank. Peter James it is then. I think I’ll take a back up just in case but I’m sure that, with Partridge in mind, it’ll be a chuckle.

Ah yeah it is what it is. If you want a page turner that’s the one. Enjoy.

iAqAzuB7Jpq9

2 Likes

Oh my god that blurb lol, no words…

Has a skateboarder ever written a book not about skateboarding?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Who is that and where did he get that ancient Greek poet/historian shirt

1 Like

Scott Bourne, the recyleload. I heard he used all those words in one sentence.

2 Likes

His claim to fame was that he’d read over 100 books iirc

Badass levels of reading that.

2 Likes

I’m so confused

2 Likes

I turned up at Bones skate park (not the Bolton one) and Scott Bourne was in there punching himself in the face shouting “I hate this life of mine!”

7 Likes

The quote was “I have read over 100 books and written one myself.” 15 or so years after it was printed it is still one of the cringiest fucking things I have ever read in its earnestness and try-hard fuckwittery.

Its such a viciously average flex that Im not sure if he’s being intentionally ironic or if he is just clueless…

2 Likes

It’s really bugging me that socrates isn’t capitalised.

2 Likes

I assume its some awful joke because its followed by Isocrates

Evan Sheff with his second book
edit: sorry, i thought TWS had included a sample - it just seems to be an odd promo video

i read encouraging things on Slap about his first one, think international postage was heavy though

Got this from the library and just finished it.

HighRise(1stEd)

Strange, amusing, horrible, bonkers. One of those thinkers.

1 Like

There’s a somewhat recent movie of that starring Tom Hiddleston: High-Rise (film) - Wikipedia

Book about thps

RIP

Might take a few goes but read Blood Meridian.

1 Like

I liked Blood Meridian but I fucking loved The Road.

RIP

1 Like