The Book Thread

haha. That will have been Beat Happening

Ah yes, the Replacements.

1 Like

Beat Happening are good! And Black Candy was the only tape I had on a holiday to Peebles one time.

1 Like

My bad. I think I skipped their chapter AND The Replacements

Surely if your book is something people are going to want to buy then somebody else will pay for it to be made?

I used Blurb to make a book (that actually spread across 2 books) for the wife. Used their online tool iirc. Was pretty simple to do as long as you got your formatting simple and consistent in Word, just copied and pasted it in, spent a few hours making sure it looked ok and got it made. Pretty easy as I remember.

Totally recommend the definative skateboard book “The Answer Is Never” by Jocko Weyland
Trust me you wont put it down…

It’s the definitive book of certain era, anyway. I didn’t manage far into it.

I think there’s a quote from yours truly on the back cover CMOAC

I like to watch.

3 Likes

I like stuff after 1985.

My dad’s written a few books, I’ll ask him how he does it. He did it through a publisher, but if I recall correctly there’s a service on amazon where they print the books on demand, it’s not like you have to get a book deal, get thousands printed up front and try and sell them all any more. If people order the book, the order goes straight to some printing centre and they print and send from there. I may be wrong though.

Funnly enough, I’ve got a copy of the by Skane.

I got that Jeff Phillips book to look at while on shrooms.

I think VistaPrint do it.

Really enjoyed this

Did you figure out Indesign? I use it a lot, can probably give you some pointers depending what you’re after achieving.

No worries. It’s changed quite a lot - they tend to be quite incremental, but if you skip a few iterations suddenly it’s all changed. And don’t get me started on the discrepancies between the different CC apps…

Im filling in some literary gaps and started ‘1984’ this week