The Continually Updated Footage Thread

He often had killer lines at Pier 7 in 411s too.

I mean his style more than where he skates necessarily but I get you

1 Like

Watched this Kalis part and immediately added olive cargos to my Christmas list

5 Likes

Are we allowed a Josh Kalis appreciation thread?

6 Likes

hells yes

Loved that Kalis clip, he’s obviously skating way more, previous footage he was rusty but now he’s got it back.
I think everyone can get it back to some degree, it’s just having time to do it enough. It’s harder for people who made a career out of danger but for more technical skaters, it can come back.

1 Like

Mate, don’t ever say Kalis was rusty.

1 Like

He was but he was still amazing, just that he’s just got it back due to probably skating more. Stoked on in.

I actually agree with you there, to a point anyway, in this part he’s back to doing long grinds/slides and just looks more solid on his board. His tre’s always look good though.

Im sure the trick at 0.39 was meant to be a back noseblunt (shoulders fully twisted) but he does one of the few legit cases for the existence of “overcrook”

1 Like

Really enjoyed this even tho it was bordering on the slightly pretentious side at times .
They sure let the good times roll and it’s great to see.

2 Likes

That’s a great video and CPH is a total riot.

1 Like

Yeah I went to the Berlin leg of it in 2019 and it was something else . Never seen such a swarm of skaters living it up.
The pros that were there weren’t on an ego trip either . Just glad to be there .
Tj sparked up a conversation with me at the concert bench/ledges next to dogshit park we were skating as if we’d known each other for ages .Came over and said bye when he had to shoot.
Sums up the vibe of CPH . One of the events I hope is back when the world returns to normal , cos I’m defo booking again.

4 Likes

Met MC, Kevin Bradley, Busentiz, all just fully regular people doing their thing. Brandon Westgate pushed down the road past us. That was a sight to behold.

After one day we were sitting having a beer outside the hotel and Sage and Kevin White rolled up on bikes and asked if we wanted to get pizza. Weren’t up for eating so we bade them farewell.

All the locals are super nice too, like the regular people doing their jobs.

3 Likes

So good to know this is what a plank with 4 wheels does for people .

6 Likes

I agree and I’d like to go but at the same time, lots of this was mega cringe.
Fundamentally sick though

2 Likes

In retrospect that’s probably mainly down to Koston and that ginger dude who’s always near Koston

Also - it’s really odd how these videos always come out about 2 years after each CPH event.

Whatevs though - I’m probably just bitter because I don’t get an opportunity to drink on boats with Kevin Bradley.

3 Likes

Apparently down to the dudes who run it all - they like to release these to hype up the next event around the time people are booking to go. Kinda smart thinking, I guess…

But this is 6 months later than the last few years in release…but I guess with the event being cancelled, they needed to drag it out for potential 2021 event.

I found the footage cringey, didn’t show skaters in an intelligent light but, fuck it, if I was there i’d be as stupid as a bog brush in the mix.