The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Yeah, good for keeping him on if he’s one of the crew, really should have been tighter with the editing in STJ and G&E though. It made the whole company look more amateur by proxy

1 Like

It would have been nice to see more videos in the vein of JOAB.
Kevin Barnett who made STJ and G&E was a sick filmer. Just a bit of a bland filmmaker.

I actually prefer STJ as a video but always feel like G&ze got way more love.

Maybe not interesting but I just checked and both stj and ge have exactly the same line up, except for the addition of nick trapppaso.

Stj probably gets more love just cos of trapasso skating to Santo and johnny in his pyjamas. Iconic.

Layton to Patti smith in ge was pretty good too but a video made up of Layton, the butcher, Austin stephens, josh harmony, Billy marks and an Ed that’s starting to take a move further back from the physical side of things…
That’s not a team with much longevity other than Layton. By 2006 (stj) Billy marks moustache and fallen trainers were starting to look pretty dated, even to a fairly young kid like me. The team just wasn’t cool at all

1 Like

Layton to Patti Smith was epic.

I’ve not watched either video in the last decade, I don’t think so I’m probably off there.
G&E was definitely heavier. It had the breakout bennet part, too. And more Ed.

Maybe STJ was just a bit tighter in edit?

I just checked and it looks like there weren’t many good videos released in 2006. Maybe that helped?

Good And Evil was one of my fav vids.
The outro with explosions in the sky is so good.

Just going back to a Clark Hassler I always enjoyied his parts. But kinda knowing he was one of the homies, but pro as well makes me rate him even more. BOS part was tight.

1 Like

Do I put this here?

I did a top ten Quartersnacks homage pick of my 10 favourite videos uploaded by Free this year. I was on a lot of codeine when I wrote it, which is probably fairly obvious tbh.

21 Likes

Ha. I didn’t know who’d come up with that list. That’s rad.
I did the intro hack animation, titles and edit. Was a lot of fun to do as I love the Snackman posts…

8 Likes

I’m halfway through this (I think…Just finished Maité) and it’s insane how well you write.

I mean, I’m not saying that as someone who knows squat about writing and you certainly don’t need my approval; I just mean that this is fucking sick. Honest, funny, insightful, clearly absolutely in love with skateboarding.

The writing hypes me to go skating…

The ‘lols’ are real. And quite loud.

And more.

Also, “his Insta name should be read ‘Perth Arms’” is so simple…now that you’ve pointed it out. Duh!

Anyway - I’m going back to finish it.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Agreed, it’s great to actually be able to read about skateboarding and be entertained.

3 Likes

The Pontus line…OMG.

I’m dead.

1 Like

Too many good quotes in the Free piece!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for saying that man.
Really glad you enjoyed it.

It was fun to write - seems like it shows

Thanks man

Cheers HH

1 Like

Certainly disgraced myself on Rambla most weeks for 2 years, will read later haha.

2 Likes

Iv read the first paragraph and pissing myself. Looking forward to this!

1 Like