The Continually Updated Footage Thread

Almost as boring as Gilbert Crockets really expensive yet equally uncomfortable selvedge jeans.

3 Likes

Hahaha knobhead

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too surprised if he’s secretly doing a Nyjah and wearing stealth spandex leggings under those, otherwise the chafing levels have got to be cranked up to eleven.

1 Like

Innit, in that southern humidity too? Nutter.

1 Like

The new and final Shellac LP will de delivered to me tomorrow, mere days after the death of Steve Albini. This is my idea of a cultural event. Not a shoe.

1 Like

Trust me, I don’t.

1 Like

That recent quasi video wasn’t really too exciting either if I’m honest.
It was like an ADHD version of the last 4 minutes of 411

1 Like

Things feel a bit samey innit. You could switch any of these graphics between any of the brands. Maybe a bit unfair on Limo but my geriatric ass can’t tell the diff
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6zT0vYJ3Ji/?igsh=MXEwbXRnMXBxb296Ng==

1 Like

Yeah I agree - not the biggest fan of Limo graphics (aside from the early ones done by the same guy who did Album artwork for the band Candy) but I much prefer their team/videos/vibe to Quasi. Was a bit of a non starter for me that brand.

They should release boards like this with a Sharpie or a sticker sheet in the shrink wrap so you could tart them up then post them on Insta for some kind of design contest. It would be fun, close to the DIY ethos and the creativity a lot of skaters like and it could possibly even generate some kind of mini buzz or something, who knows?

Quasi make some good, rewatchable vids (like Grand Prairie or Denim Car) but yeah, I don’t get those weird edits full of whatever with a bit of good skating in them. They’re probably fun to watch for the team but I’m definitely not part of their team. Can’t say I care about the company, don’t care about Limosine either, typing that name alone makes me feel like I can’t spell basic words. Terrible graphics too.

The best Polar graphics are Jacob Ovgren Polar graphics.

1 Like

what, that cartoon bollocks?

4 Likes

Too cartoony for me, I prefer Alv’s doodles, especially when they’re about people feeling weird or depressed but he usually keeps those for ads, not graphics.

Yeah all of Jacob’s graphics were good.

I have zero interest in any of the photo montage stuff, it’s all so boring. Pontus no comply woman thing was cool but I can’t see the appeal of his doodles at all.

Jesus they all just merge into graphic noise

at least in late 80s when it was all skulls you could tell whose skulls were whos

4 Likes

Polar 8.125 is my fave shape. I also really like the way Polar have a matching top and bottom ply with ply 2 and 6 matching black ply, centre 3 ply are natural. No one else is doing that AFAIK.

Ply colours and positioning are important for me*

On a Shin Sanbongi deck at the moment (Boserios wife and daughter did the graphic I think?) and have a Paul Grund next which is an Ovgren graphic, The Photographer. I’ll take them over generic stuff like Plan B and Primitive graphics.

From that link @Barf posted, best one for me is the Herrington with the wells. That on the 8.125” with the wells all day for me.

*The more I understand my sons Autism, the more boxes I seem to tick myself :rofl:

Did you see Sour’s take on it, Benihanas Forever? Pretty good!

I think they’re full of energy and emotion, but then again horses for courses.

Pedro Delfino getting heavy! This is sick.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yardsale on tour

1 Like