The Cricket Thread

I haven’t watched - nobody quick left?

Game overrr. What a hit.

Curran has overs left so they could’ve gone with him.

Anyone watching England v South Africa T20? Been a good game.

ah man I used to go to every boxing day test in Cape Town when I was at school. The england tours were the best. England touring crowd was always super cool and would buy us beers as it was like 50p a pint.

1 Like

Starting with the opening Test from Chennai this Friday (5.2.21), ball by ball coverage of all four Tests will be shown live on Channel 4 and All 4. And for viewers who can’t manage the early 4am start, highlights will be available on All 4.

I’m not working this week so might actually stay up for it, I’m stoked that C4 have the cricket again!

Love it will get up tomorrow for cricket.

This is going quite nicely, lovely couple of fours there from Root.

Not exactly the gangbusters start to captivate a new audience but it’s great stuff so far.

Hooray for working from home.

2 Likes

Nice, bit disappointed it’s not covered on Test Match Special but am listening to it on Talksport while tidying my flat. It’s ok, but not as good as TMS. I’m thinking of cancelling my Sky Sports subscription so this is good news that channel 4 are showing some cricket.

Good to see Joe Root playing so well recently, his average is just a smidgeon off 50 which is world class. He’s a great batsman against spin.

1 Like

3 Likes

I love Joe Root but wtf was all that about. Putting Jimmy and Leach out to bat. At least the partnership lasted all of 1 ball.

2 Likes

AnDeRsOn CaN’t BoWl OuTsIdE eNgLaNd.

Rooooot! What a delivery!

Well well well. This is quite incredible.

Well if that was incredible earlier this is twilight zone shit. I’ve never ever seen 0-2 after 2 of a test innings. Unreal.

Missing!!! what the fuck!

Out next ball. Whhhatttttrt. This is NUTS

Wicket is a joke. It’s going to be all over on the second day.

yeah farce of a pitch, no one wants to see a 2 day test match.

1 Like

Enjoyed the T20 series. Anyone see that Chris Jordan catch in the last game?

Renamed thread as the World Cup was nearly 2 years ago and there’s another one on the horizon!

Come on England, don’t collapse now.

This is like going from 130mph into a brick wall.

1 Like