The Cricket Thread

Sounded like a jaffa. He needed a 50 minimum.

Told you he had a lot of pressure on him.

Little joey root needs to nudge his way to a classy 113 here.

FFS

He was only going to get 20/25 max anyway.
Root just needs to get those lost runs.

I’ve so jinxed Root now. Apologies again.

yep

:pleading_face:

Game off.

Morgan and Buttler need 80s+ and stokes needs a 50. That’s the mimum requirement to chase this with the variable being bairstows score.

It’s not looking good.

Oh well, that’s that then.

batting prolapse.

From favourites to not even making the semi’s. Wow.

All out for under 90??

30 overs and it will be done.

If England are the best in the world they better show that pretty bloody quick. What a match that was. Pakistan are going to win the next two and then they’ll really be on a roll…

Pakistan India final?! Can that happen?!

That would be a great final!

Azerbaijan threw it away yesterday because the captain wanted to play the hero. It was just sad.

If this tournament has taught us anything it’s that England absolutely have to open the batting today. These chases have not gone well.

Superb.

Lockie Ferguson out. Oooh.
Might have to just leave work early today.

They’ve won the toss. That’s massive.

1 Like

Loving this!

1 Like

Shudddduupp :grinning:

I want to see buttler unleash like fuck today. He’s been pretty disappointing this world cup although he’s come in too deep to play his way.

1 Like

I want Jos out there.

I think it’s a balance. I don’t mind root coming in at 3 around this sort of stage.

If Roy had lasted a bit longer there’s a good argument for putting buttler in to keep the run rate up to unmanageable levels. For some reason root doesn’t like batting at 4 though.

I was actually happy root got out in the India game. He’s a beautiful nurdler and should keep the scoreboard moving without you noticing but it’s not what you want in the last 10.

If he can last until the 40th or so with yet another half century then he’s done his job.