The Cricket Thread

He has got the most awkward style as well. Tricky customer.

I thought my 4-0 or 5-0 bet was a bit silly but Iā€™m struggling to see how it can go any other way now.

England are without their best bowler for the rest of the series, they donā€™t have a spinner, Joe Root is suddenly crimble crumble and you need a nuclear weapon to get Smith out.

Itā€™s not looking good for England.

This wicket yesterday was mad:

Ashes%202019%20%20Jofra%20Archer%20'flattered'%20by%20Dale%20Steyn%20comparison%20-%20BBC%20Sport%20(1)

Ashes%202019%20%20Jofra%20Archer%20'flattered'%20by%20Dale%20Steyn%20comparison%20-%20BBC%20Sport%20(2)

Good bowling + loltastic batting.

Geoffrey dropping the hammers on tms right now.

Fair enough though. The sun is blazing. Thatā€™s 3 idiots who have just given their wicket away.

1 Like

Ball moving around a lot

What do we need to get to avoid the follow-on?

lowest innings score since 1948ā€¦

:frowning_face:

Listened to most of the innings driving across Wales sat in traffic. It made a shit journey even worse.

This just isnā€™t a test side. Simple as that really. Aus arenā€™t much better but have swapped Smith for a cloneā€¦ Someone who can stay in.

Having one player able to stick in is the difference. Itā€™s all a bit poor really but the bowling has been great at times.

The only plus out of this was the worry about who was possibly going to replace Jimmy has now been answered.

The top order is thinner now than it was at the start of the series.

The Jason Roy experiment is already over. No idea what they are going to do from here on in.

I didnā€™t think the cricket World Cup would ever be topped in my lifetime but it only took 6 weeks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m somebody who has never had any interest in cricket at all and have always found it quite dull to watch.

However, today I gave it a go. Iā€™m pretty sure I chose the best day ever to watch a cricket match.

1 Like

Itā€™s going to take a lot of hard work from people more experienced than me to articulate what happened there.

To put it in context there have been 2 ties in test match history which goes back to the 1870ā€™s or something. Test matches simply do not end like this.

Thatā€™s probably the greatest innings by anyone ever. Well definitely by an English batman anyway.

There were so many factors to it that made it literally unbelievable. The Ashes were lost. It was all over and to play an innings like thatā€¦ Holy fuck. Iā€™m still so stunned I feel a but drunk or something.

Test cricket is like this allllll the time :wink:

Holy shit

Our first innings was a record low since 1948.

The comeback was a record.

Leech 1 run in 70 odd partnership, talk about working the strike correctly.

Crazy, at the start of the day I thought it was simply all about pride; donā€™t get beaten too badly. To win though?!!! :exploding_head:

Iā€™m watching the highlights again and just losing my shit all over. That was a sporting miracle. The shit that happened at the end (the drops and the burnt review) was beyond fiction.

Thank fuck Joel Wilson is the worst umpire ever.

2 Likes

Les wtf, this reverse sweep for 6 is actually mental.

Bashed Stokes a bit last couple of tests. He came through!

1 Like

Just listening to tms again now. Itā€™s already legendary.

1 Like

O. M. G.

Abu Hamza couldā€™ve caught this

1 Like

Goddamn Ben Stokes. Just got back to work, opened BBC sport ( :shushing_face:) and saw he was out forā€¦ 72?! Tha fuck!