Alright I can’t make anything at the moment but lets see if anyone else can get something going before I do.
Anyone can do it if you’ve got Garageband/Ableton/Protools/Audacity or whatever. Or just record something on your phone if you can figure out how.
How it (hopefully) works:
- Someone starts - I’ll do something tomorrow if nobody beats me to it. Basically someone is going to record something, a guitar hook or a bassline or drumbeat or whatever.
- Let’s start easy, just do something in 4/4 at 120 BPM, or note the BPM if it’s not 120.
- Record 8 bars and export it to a wav file.
- Give the file descriptive name (e.g. bassline.wav)
- Load it up on wetransfer and post the link on here.
- Other people then record other parts. (it’s easier if you upload your track solo as well as full version, that way other people can mix things how they like)
No rules on genre or instruments etc - just make noises and see what comes out of it.
It probably won’t work but it’s something to do.