THE SOUR SOLUTION lll - A video by Gustav Tønnesen

Dope part from the Norwegian killer Gustav!

1 Like

@anonymity I bought a Sour deck from Ideal Birmingham, they’ve got quite a lot in stock.

Best video I’ve seen in a while, quite a few gasp out loud moments. Really fun to watch with the creative tricks. My favourite parts were Page, and then Nils, Gustav and Isaksson at the end but everyone came through. That Nils no comply flip to boardslide was incredible, I feel like he’s one of the underrated rippers on Sour.

2 Likes

I’ve not watched this yet, but I’m going to find a quiet minute at work to squeeze it in tonight or watch it in the morning when I get home. Am I right in saying that Nyberg, about 10-15 years ago absolutely blew up on early YouTube with some heavy inward heelflippery or something?

1 Like

Yeah that’s him. Still doing his own thing.

Was it that long ago? Wow.
Probably 2012, so yeah…damn.

He was at The Berrics a bunch with his Cookie Monster knitted jumper, right?

2 Likes

I think it was Elmo. He was Elmo guy when he first popped up and was the first person to be doing no-comply handrails and stuff.

3 Likes

elmo period was way before 2012 - maybe 2008 ish

I don’t know why but all this talk of him wearing Sesame Street characters has just reminded me of the time I used to wear a Daewon Song, World Industries ‘Casper the Friendly Ghost’ tee now and again… the girl I was seeing, must of thought I was really into Casper but didn’t really mention anything, so her parents were away one weekend and she invited me around to stay and she’d rented loads of Casper cartoons from Blockbusters for us to watch together, I must of watched an hours worth before I’d had enough and asked her why we were watching this shit? Haha…

7 Likes

Was that the one with the gravestone?

2 Likes

This was 2010:

1 Like

Yeah that was the blow up one.
I remember Mike wright sending me these two earlier though.

2008 I think

All the crazy tricks are already there

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s it’s still in my parents attic somewhere…

1 Like

Fucksake, thought I had my work cut out for me there. 1st result.

6 Likes

Yep, that’s the one… I think there was board too where it showed Casper being killed by truck running him over? Or maybe I’m getting that wrong? Haha…

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking of!

1 Like

No that was exactly it.
Basically how Casper became a friendly ghost.
The gravestone was the top graphic.

2 Likes

Me too.

Damn I miss his maths feet consistently outputting footage

4 Likes

I miss his Rambo Laces

2 Likes

I would genuinely be devastated if Gustav ever lost his man bun

6 Likes

Who posted the Aurelian hardflip front 180 (front bigspin kick flip??) In the insta thread recently?
There’s a really great one in the albert nyberg ‘who got soul’ part about 6 tricks in

1 Like