TOTM October - FS Tailslide

This month comes a neglected and under-appreciated staple: the frontside tailslide. As per the request by @Les_Zeppelin, this trick MUST be performed on transition. I realise that not everyone has ready access to a mini, so I will permit banks to be used. Extra points for a good screech.

8 Likes

Nice! I have been neglecting these for a while used to do them a lot. Looking forward to this.

4 Likes

Ooooo I have a bank for this, never had them on tranny.

3 Likes

Will try this tonight if I can :+1:

Not done one in probably 6-7 years but there’s a lot of ramps around here so will see if I can get one with wheel screech

1 Like

Saffron Walden deep bowl?

1 Like

I think I would actually pay money to see Hugo try this

3 Likes

I could do a crailslide which is way way easier than people think and a lot less dangerous on big stuff.

Think Lance Mountain called out the crailslide in a mag somewhere as being a shit trick because it’s so easy.

If I was warmed up and had Munson shouting at me I might be able to do a tailslide.

Got to find time to get out the house since have a newborn.

4 Likes

Sorry, a crailslide is unacceptable in this instance.

I’ve never actually tried to do a crailslide, so I might give one a go.

3 Likes

haha I’ve always found these pretty hard

3 Likes

last time i tried a crailslide it stuck and i was launched into the ramp all curled up like a pretzel. it’s definitely not a good body position to slam in

1 Like

Ive done more crailslides on ramps than frontside tailslides so can confirm easier. Think last count is something like 3-0

2 Likes

Thankfully, I got Alan Glass to ask Lance about this and he officially rescinded the fatwa on crailslides!

I mean you’ve just got to look at Cardiel doing one to see it’s not just a “dork trick”!

I always found them way easier than a lien tailslide or even ollie tailslide, as you’re locked in and can’t get off becasue your arm’s wrapped round your leg!

3 Likes

Wasnt it something like “crails are an easy vert trick but people do them in pools and pretend theyre hard” or am i misremembering some other quote?

1 Like

Weather has ruined this one! I want to do one on concrete :laughing:

2 Likes

Seeing as mine was the only submission, I guess win again!

For next month’s challenge I set a fs tailslide on tranny or bank :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about this, just struggling to find a transition small enough to do one on

1 Like