Trick Of The Week 3: Crooks with Frankie

Fuck man I was at mile end 2 days ago but used up all my energy playing add a trick with my crew. Was also too drunk to film a crook at the end of the day, so gutted.

No biggie bruv.

Would be nice to see fresh footage of you in one of these Trick Of The Week things sometime soon!

crooks are the one trick i’ve never been able to “get”, i can get into them, grind them etc to the point i have a significant mark on my front truck from trying but getting out eludes me and it usually tips down. will try and scrape a shitty one for this though.

1 Like

I used to have the same issue. It would fall out and primo on the heel side.

I think I learnt nosebonks and then that fixed it.

1 Like

I find this helps - You have to pinch the heel edge wheel…i.e. stand on it hard with your heel…and then unweight to bounce off it at the end.

If you try and hold the crook in position with your toes you will find it hard to get off at the end.

1 Like

It’s more scary, but I always found long BS crooks easier on a rail as it can lock in.

A round rail?

Nah I used to have this wicked square flat bar at my old local. It was rad for crooks and nosegrinds, lock in for dayzzz. Buy there’s always the risk of falling over the other side, which sucks.

Ahhh okay. You got me thinking that I’d never ever tried to crook a round rail but it sounds fucked

more of a bonk/tap than an actual grind but i scraped something :joy:

4 Likes

Sick!

1 Like

I found that once you found your point of focus on a ledge, rails were pretty much the same.
Flatbars I’m talking.
Round or square.
No need to be fearful.
Once you know where you are aiming to get locked in, ledge or rail, it is no different.
I used to love doing front crooks down the hubba at The House in Sheff.

Nice one @dontcomply!

1 Like

what’s the site you’re all using to upload and post in here? can’t get it to work on my laptop for some reason, shows the screen grab but doesn’t load at all !

Weird, works fine here.

There was some talk in Hugo’s kickflip thread that it is ad blocker related.

i cant get Streamable to embed a video on anything. but i do have add blocker installed on most things, probably time to shut that off.

Daft question but are you copying the embed link or the URL link?

clicking embed, comes up with a copied to clipboard pop up, pastes in but nothing happens, gota be something to do with using google chrome with add blocker on all my devices or something odd like that

With most adblockers you can whitelist domains. There might be some settings somewhere where you can enter the domain part of the url and that will whitelist streamable, but leave your other ads, blocked.