U.K. Skate Video Archiving *See 1st Post For Archive Link*

Well, yeah.

Drift is undeniably one of/the most import pieces of modern British skate cinema.*

A ‘full-length’ nowadays might be classed as three parts and a montage or whatever. If you watch the iPath promo from 2005, it seems almost ahead of it’s time because the structure so closely resembles what is broadly considered long enough to be a full-length today.

Also, I imagine anyone on here would consider a 20 minute Bronze video like 2020 if not a full-length, then a fleshed out or ‘longform’ video project nonetheless. And the structure of a video like that is pretty similar to some of those NOTE or Welcome videos I mentioned above.

*(Pardon the wanky phrasing, I didn’t know whatever word to use to encompass full-lengths and other forms of video).

1 Like

What? I’ll add the ones I can find that fit.

I’m 100% being old fashioned as length doesn’t seem to come into it for me (ohh matron), and it’s just about a physical copy being available. Can’t explain why I think that and the drift edits are some of my favourite skate clips of all time so I’m not denying their quality of importance.

1 Like

If I find myself with nothing to do later I might try and find the YouTube links so it can be a useful directory. I’ll quote builds post and hyperlink it all.

Not sure how many of these have full YouTube rips though

1 Like

Just added loads.

Physical copies are so tough to get produced, it’s a big gamble for an independent video. Especially if you get them properly replicated.
I know it was 5 years ago (and I got sponsors to pay for it) but Little Paradise cost just under a grand to get 2.5 thousand copies produced.

I’m of the opinion that web videos count, and USB copies for that matter.

Where do we stand on the OWL videos? I rate them highly.

Quite enjoy a USB video. Like I say I’m probably just being old fashioned with that view point.

1 Like

It was just called ‘Who?’

Still bangs.

1 Like

@buildafire could you add mine please? I’ll buy you some chocolate.

2 Likes

Mark Kendrick - Shards
Highbrow Skateboards - The Arty Farty Promo
Highbrow Skateboards - A Very Highbrow Video
Phil Harvey - Keep Keen
Matt Hirst - Et Cetera
Bish - Bishcam
Bish - Pigs in Wigs
Bish - Northern Souls
James Coyle - Way Up North

Fuck! Bought and paid for that one too.

I’ll try to get to my DVDs this afternoon. That’l bulk it up a bit.

I’d have sent you a copy for free!

Do the Yardsale videos count? The YS Video and YS 2. Neither quite break the 20 minute barrier but both are over 15 mins.

I rinsed this vid as a kid and it’s funny to think my first VX I ended up buying was the one used to film most of it haha.

To further expand on @anonymity’s post on Dykie’s vids and other Welsh scene vids;

Dykie’s vids:
Enter The Dragon
Underexposed 1
Underexposed 2
Crayon Promo
Crayon Presents The Story So Far.

Other Welsh vids:
Woolly Jumper
Skatespotting
Destroying Bridgend
Now! That’s What I Call Skateboarding!
Hologram
Gwent Theft Auto

2 Likes

Such a good video

I think Tommy still has half a dozen copies from his old shop as well haha, s’how I got mine. Another vid I loved as a wean.

Surprised no one from Cardiff put it up online yet.

lol. forgot this on my list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnB9Xs-fJlU&feature=emb_title

6 Likes

That’s the video that got me thinking about all this stuff in the first place, and I still forgot to add it.

2 Likes

PS. So, what is criteria?

Anything ‘marketed’ as a full length or is it any video beyond solo parts?

Does it need to be hard copy?

1 Like

Maybe either a hard copy (VHS, DVD, USB), or it’s got a shop / board company logo on it? Should be of a reasonable length too.

And girth.

4 Likes