UK Skateboard Companies

You sure?

ok, affiliated.
saw grove and various other faces on the hated.
saw ferg on the 91 one, who as you know has been around for ages, i’m sure you could find out who is behind that one
Dainton and weirdly Kris markovich on the Forty
And saw Grim from freestyle in the pics on the eat shit club
of course, only speculating on their involvement but they obviously endorse them to a degree.

Insta tells me that they’re about to release a Dan Cates guest board.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Oljyolf0x/?igshid=1sg7qi8iwx90y

seems like an apt thread for it, how are death wheels? coming from ricta naturals so im used to a fair bit of slippyness

Good… I’m not riding them at the mo but have ridden plenty over the years. Would buy again.

I like them - have ridden 52’s, 50’s and 48’s.

Flat spotted a couple but, yup, would buy again.

Fat Planet. Rod Clarke had a board on that.

Off-topic, but a Birmingham local assured me that A Third Foot has essentially shut down production in the UK, and they’ll be using Jart wood from now on. Any truth to it? Devastating stuff, if true.

I liked A third foot wood

Those Jart Robots are taking over

I’ve never enjoyed a Jart board yet. They always seem thicker, softer and crappy concaves for me. Probably just me being picky. It’s not like it actually affects my skating.

The first Jart I had when I was trying to be all Barcelona i actually focused in 10 mins of skating it it sucked so bad.

1 Like

Jart brand or Jart woodshop? They press boards for a load of companies in Europe.

Jart woodshop is great and the decks are light and snappy (in the good sense :D).

I should add, that Jart brand deck I had was 2007?? I can’t remember. It sucked, worst deck I ever had.

But when the robot shop opened I had blank sample from them and it was exactly like just stated, light and snappy!

^ on a vaguely related note i’ve been skating with a guy whos pushing 40 recently and he was saying around that time period (05-07ish) he skated Jart boards in his native country of Greece and they were terrible and even when I started skating around 07/08 I remember Jart boards being super cheap, but at some point they must have switched up their quality control and put some effort in as now all he skates are Sour boards which are out of Jart’s woodshop. Skated a National last year and it was spot on.

Skateboard Cafe and Alien Workshop EU seem to be the same wood too.

We should do a thread on which brands use Jart Woodshop?

I know a lot of people used dwindle wood in the Eu, I guess it’s mainly Jart now?

It’s possible to create wiki pages in this forum software, think I might look into it for permanently referencing stuff like this that people seem to be interested in…

3 Likes

Pretty sure there’s an ongoing list on SLAP.

Yeah the wood shop directory.

1 Like