Ukraine and Russia

This is an actual war starting pretty much now

1 Like

Fucking hell that Putin speech was pretty batshit by all accounts.

Depressing. I liked that Sam Greene commentary.

So apparently troops have begun moving.

Dark shit for people in those areas. Imagine seeing foreign troops marching down your streets when not invited. Must be fucking horrifying.

Don’t worry everyone, Berra’s come to the rescue.

5 Likes

“Part 2/2:

Therefore I am offering my services to mankind to organise and run a giant The West v The Rest game of Battle Of The Berrics to settle this dispute.”

18 Likes

Don’t know if Berra really gets it, whether he likes it or not and regardless if the US is involved there’s going to be a war, it’s already started

3 Likes

Russia’s legal economy is shit. Its pretty much based off of selling oil to China and the West. War and sanctions would cripple them and force the majority of their people into a really bad time. They also have a huge number of wealthy criminals whose money is based in the West - war could potentially cut them off from their businesses and money. I wonder if Putin would eventually get toppled by some kind of mafia coup or something

Surprised cariuma aren’t sponsoring the conflict , the coverage they’d be getting

2 Likes

and gas to Europe…

Oh yeah the effect on global economies, prices etc would be bad too but I meant as an aggressor Russia would be shooting themselves in the foot by sparking a drawn out war

No I meant they also sell a fair bit of gas to Europe. Would this definitely result in a drawn out war, is that what they’re saying? I would’ve thought they’d have the military power to make it quite quick but happy to be corrected as I don’t exactly keep an eye on these things.

Oh I get you. I think the likeliest outcome is the rest of the world rolls over and allows it to happen tbh

2 Likes

I think you could be right what with the cost of living already rising sharply I don’t picture our government or many others being too keen on making things worse.

1 Like

Can you imagine what this would do to our energy prices and petrol costs? We’re already at breaking point for a lot of people who couldn’t care less about the Ukraine or Eastern Europe

Our government and many others won’t have a choice.

Maybe not but I suppose it’ll be a case of seeing just how up for it they all are.

Germany has smashed it. Cancelling NS2 is a massive fuck you to Putin. They’re willing to hurt Germany in order to sanction Russia. We need to do the same and not be complete fucktards

2 Likes

There was very strong support for tougher sanctions from both sides of the Commons during the debate just now.