VHS Show

I think it’ll go:

-Ben grove
-James Bush and Callum Loomes
-Alex Hallford and Nick Hanson

Going in…

Unfortunately it was very amateurish, the packaging of the show and the brushing of the mics all the time was annoying. I don’t feel like anything really got discussed at all. They seemed nervous and almost scared too ask questions. It’s the first one so I’ll give them some slack and hopefully it’ll pick up.

*Never ask a skater to talk you through their part in real time, most of the time they just end up shouting out the spot names as it’s all too fast, and by the time they tell a story about a trick the part is over.

That was complete crap, thought the host would be a proper loud mouth and act all wacky but he was the complete opposite. Grove was equally boring

I thought that’s what you didn’t want?

Was a weird one. They seemed to jump about from topic to topic a lot. The conversation never really flowed. I think they need to work on creating questions/a format which allows the guest to talk for longer without interruptions, so they can let stories flow a bit more. Might mean having to edit the conversations down a fair bit. Also, it could just be Grove offering quite short answers.

Yeah I didn’t but he was the polar opposite which is equally also bad just in different way

Spotted in Sheffield on Saturday at The House

That Get Lesta one was fucking boring and filmer comes across like a smug twat

Cates one could be promising

Not worth the watch then? Or listen even.

It makes Get Lesta sound like a group of friends that formed a band, made a few hits, were having fun but have now been gigging on the road for far too long and are tired of each other and the band life, but they still have a few CD’s left to sell.

3 Likes

Mustard socks…like EWWWWW!

just finished the James Bush one, and enjoyed it.
the presenter is throwing people under the bus a bit, but I guess coaxing conversation from skaters isn’t easy. Loomes & Bush make a good double act - bitter & sharp next to sugary fuzz. Get Lesta Lemonade perhaps

much love for Death Skateboards. bought Into the Void yesterday, hyppppped

Definitely - I’m an hour in and am enjoying this one.

Getting some pink tea in for a Squadrophenia & Into The Void matinee at the weekend!

“He was a good skater but even better at being a disappointment”

Hahaha.

4 Likes

“He had it all”

I still do.

“I’m sorry that you took a dick…different path” Freudian slip?

That was great. Had me in stitches numerous times. I wonder how much a “Cates is a Cunt” board would go for now?