Video help/suggestions for an exhibition

I guess it’s a bit of both, but more for the non-skater, to understand that there are all these different facets to skating that can co-exist or exist outside of each other.

Yes. That’s definitely a good one, for sure.

Drawing the line at longboards too. Already had to explain to the people at the film festival that it was like longboard and shortboard surfing. The two just don’t really mix well.

Fair enough mate! It was more a comment on being stoked on guys going fast on longboards being rad despite it not really being skateboarding.

Just leave Prichard vs Dainton on

This made me think of French Fred’s excellent ‘Devils Toy’ reimagination.

Skateboarding sucks.

I think you need women’s skating represented:

To me, as much as we’re all aiming for inclusivity, gender is still an obvious tribal dividing line. Also might be nice to expose the public to some rad women skating.

I hate to say it though, but is skating itself that tribal? Always thought the dividing line was more between skaters/non-skaters.

1 Like

Of course! This vid was weird though.

I thought Elissa having a section in Welcome To Hell and Marisa having one in Strange World was far more inclusive and progressive (and it happened 23 and 10 years earlier).

Hadn’t really thought of that.Like Franc says, I’d more likely include Welcome to Hell (mainly for the gnarliness of it all) and that Rumble In Ramona for the women’s skating represented in there. Cheers for the suggestion though.

For me - that recent Vans vidéo is a much better representation of 2019 female skating than the nike thing.
They’re both good but Nike one is over produced for me and the spots in the Vans one + diversity of skating is banger.

1 Like

I back this. Just put the Nike one up because it came to mind first.

1 Like