Warwick/Gaunty has now been banned.

Thats it. Yeah, it wasnt him

You’re thinking of Russ

1 Like

Was that the guy calling out everyone who worked at the BBC in the 70s and 80s.

We met Cubix when we went to Cheltenham to meet Neil the once. Had a photo of us all doing front rocks on the green bench as that was thing.

Cubix_sk8.cjb.net

2 Likes

Does the gus of gus’s dad still skate?

1 Like

Lots of Network26 / Sidewalk forum anecdotes and stories in this thread for those who never saw it

2 Likes

Gonna throw out a bittersweet one, but I wish Steve75 was here.

17 Likes

Monster Network was a crew from Essex/East Anglia. Kind of a revolving squad who made videos/zine/shirts, etc. Some of the people in the earliest videos went on to make the later videos, and the kids in those videos did the same over again - and they all kept it under the MN moniker.

Pretty sick.

But the account was one person.

5 Likes

Yeah the N26 MN had their own project, probably still does, called ‘Quiet Corners’ and did a collab with Blueprint on a board series. They stopped posting around this time iirc. I feel like a few people stopped posting once they started mixing in industry circles.

7 Likes

Quiet Corners. Yep.
He also ran “skateboarding is…” which was a dope pre-YouTube Bobshirt type video account.

I think the Bored of Southsea associated “Stromg Island” brand is his, these days.

I’ve hung with him a lot but not for years. We still keep in contact. He’s a rad guy.

3 Likes

Not dadlands russ. Though he was mates with him

1 Like

I remember Anon shouting out one of the local skaters (Hopper) by his N26 name username at the Flip demo on the megaphone way back and Hopper being absolutely stoked.

1 Like

I got 3 element boards and a pair of shoes for Last Post once, shouts to @anonymity that proper sorted me out

Genuinely good boards as well and the shoes were way better than expected (I know)

1 Like

I got a last post once but anon never sent me a board :frowning:

3 Likes

Worse for me. I got last post and got an Enuff board.

:face_with_peeking_eye:

11 Likes

Same. I had three or four of them before they started doing prizes.

I did work out that nobody wrote into the letters page so wrote a letter every time i needed shoes and won about 5 or six pairs over a few years

8 Likes

Dadlands Russ did monster network

3 Likes

Did he? Shit. I didnt know that. It wasnt him I was thinking of though

One of the first conversations I had with him was about car parks and filming. He said he’d made the monster network stuff

1 Like