We're fucked, Do something!

Don’t forget https://www.rt.com/

If I do start a petition to rally support who do we suggest we send the result to? We need to outline that these conflicts of interest are totally unacceptable. I’d love to suggest that the people take the culprits out of office by force too. Hound them at their homes, make their lives hell, but how do I get it across in a way that does not incriminate me for threatening violence.
If by some miracle something changed the law and politicians we made to concentrate on their job to run the country for the better, it would probably sort out the majority of our problems.
I don’t see a way to get to that point though, I need ideas.
A simple facebook statement even if it is braveheart style inspiring and go’s somewhat viral, what happens after that?

Try Threadreader for long Twitter posts - Thread Reader App
Good link that. It’s shocking to see just how little attention people really pay to politics, compared to Love Island or some similar bollocks.

1 Like

Yep. Which is why we’re in this mess. The whole “Politics is boring” outlook.

A lot of media coverage focuses on identity politics so that we don’t scrutinise the decisions of those in power.

Obviously the driving force behind Brexit was about shareholder options and dismantling the welfare infrastructure but a lot of the rhetoric was around xenophobia and nationalist feeling. The government in power now have created the idea that to criticise Brexit and any subsequent cock-up, from Grenfell to the response to the pandemic is unpatriotic, which is ridiculous. They require just as much scrutiny as anyone else.

7 Likes

Yes, exactly. Opinion needs swaying back, quickly.

It is all fucked, I agree.
Unfortunately, the UK is now just a glorified tax haven.
Look at the blatant offshoring of funds pre-Brexit, and the wholesale of UK property to the former-oligarchy.

The ‘recession’ now looks like it was a rehearsal for whatever the fuck the bankers decide they want to do in order to pay for ‘Pandemic costs’.

Look at this shit:

I would be quite up for full insurrection. fuck em all

2 Likes

This is messed up.