Where should I move to so I can get out of the UK

+1 for Australia, although I preferred Brisbane over Melbourne. More like Glasgow compared to Edinburgh.

The flight’s torture but once you get there it’s just like being here but warmer and the people are nicer so it doesn’t feel like you’ve gone far at all.

Went to Brisbane last year to visit a friend - he is living in Tasmania now.

I fucking loved Oz.

I travel to Sweden a lot with work due to one of our main clients being based there, and if I were to move anywhere it would be Sweden or Denmark.

I’m backing Denmark too. Been a few times and got friends there. They seem to have a good thing going on there.

Oh yeah! Copenhagen is absolute bliss. I can’t begin to imagine how nice it is when it isn’t overrun with drunk skateboarders too.

I’m not a fan of the ‘run away and find a better place’ modus operandi. Far better to try and make a change where you are. Makes me feel a bit depressed to hear people talking about how bad everything is instead of talking about what they could do to change it.

Considering other options is changing it though. It’s not like I’m in a bad place - I just hate the fact that I pay extortionate rent etc.

Easy to say, harder to actually do. If people higher up make the decisions that you don’t like, you can vote with your feet instead.
There’s no nirvana, but there are places that you might enjoy more, even if it is from a position of ignorance.

2 Likes

Sounds like money is your main issue, I can understand that. It’s sad to think that people born and educated in the UK are not incentivized to stay and contribute to our economy rather than moving abroad. We’ll end up like Poland where virtually all of their most educated young people leave the country.

1 Like

start shotting 10 bags down skate park

5 Likes

You get to meet people, skate a lot, and make money. I can see the sense in this.

1 Like

That’s the bottom line with all of this for me, as soon as people start talking about another country as if it will save them and all their issues then usually I’ll be looking to put them off the idea.

2 Likes

Sudan

Been there done that Ron!

I like my job, I just don’t like England.

Denmark over Sweden.
Sweden is a bit of a nanny state by comparison.
The people seem more open in Denmark too.

Doesn’t anyone want to be 'merican anymore? (I wouldn’t want to live there)

I’ll second that. Denmark has better weather, cheaper booze and it’s more central too.

My friend moved to Malta and I went and visited him last year, seemed pretty nice. What’s the beef there?

Agree with everything besides the food.

1 Like

Yeah Malta is full of cunts…see also every tax haven on earth.