Where you skating today?

back to 97 theme with the “uniform” and OG accels?

I used to love accels ten years ago. I saw someone skating a new pair last weekend and can’t believe how puffy they are.

i’ve got a bunch of pairs of accel slims, they’re sick. love the swifts tho

back on topic i’ll probably skate a car park tomorrow. trying to leave a day between skates so that my knee’s don’t ache permanently

I missed this thread when it started.

Skated a car park with a couple of quarterpipes and boxes yesterday afternoon. Got the call at 10am for a 4pm skate. Got a pass from the wife and had a good couple fo hours with some old friends. Everyone is moving on with their lives (kids, new houses/settling into long term relationships), so it was a miracle to get people together. Sorry, no footage of me. I did land a 360 flip first time in a game of SKATE (and I’ve been battling that trick back since my sarcoidosis incident 18 months ago) so I was stoked on that.

Usually try and skate Tuesday and Thursday evenings. So, if anyone is about in the Truro, Cornwall area, you know where to find me.

PS, I’ll be wearing the eS Accel slims (had about 10 pairs since they stopped making the Accelerate).

2 Likes

Just hit up the little pre-fab local.
Completely fucked my elbow and wrist on what can only be described as a misbalanced push.

Managed to get out for 10 mins over the weekend to lonercam my entry to a game of ‘add a trick’ I’m playing with my crew over WhatsApp.

2 Likes

2 skates this weekend again, getting a habit.

1 Like

The trick ability level in this place is probably too high to do something similar here but (when it’s busy) the challenges and games of SKATE on MAS are brilliant fun to play along with, and quite often a good excuse / reason to actually get your board out.

Loner / Dadcams FTW!

(Edit/disclaimer: Not putting down the trick ability level in MAS btw, just some of the more skilled participants used to go gently on us others).

1 Like

Na we should do it.

1 Like

Fully down over here

Can it be on 3 foot high transition as well as flat and doesn’t have to be in a line? I might set the rules and do the first trick this afternoon.

How about on any size/type obstacle? If you grind a ledge then the same grind on a curb is fine etc.

I’m well up for this

No trannies as you need to get yourself to a park/ramp for that

Wild in the streets!

I don’t think it matters whether it’s a curb vs a ledge etc. Taking part is more important than worry about the rules.

You can do lip tricks on ledges, that’s now I learned front blunts!

Ok, I’m going to get a trick filmed and start it off and then nominate someone and start the thread.

1 Like

Definitely gonna be following this (but probably not joining in, unless ‘dropping off a 4" kerb’ counts as a trick).

I skated at the park near work today - literally spent half an hour practicing ollies on the flat. Bear in mind I’ve pretty much started from scratch after close to 20 years off.

Wait, do you film a trick, we all film it too, and you nominate who picks the next one? Or is it one person at a time?

Hmm, maybe everyone can set a trick and everyone does it, then if you can’t do it you’re out? Start simple and take it in turns to set a trick?