Which British skate brands do you use?

Nothing now. Whats left?

Think Landscape was the last UK board I bought.

Used to religiously buy a third foot decks. They’re really good dudes and made some lovely shapes for a fair while. Haven’t had one in a few years but they’re one of the few UK wood pressers

Magenta make 7.75s and 7.875s (and even 7.5s and and 7.625s) and their graphics are usually good. Yeah, they’re not British, they’re French. Generator wood though.

I’ve mainly skated Magenta boards these last 7 or 8 years. I had at least 50 of them and always liked them. Apart from that, I had a Krooked Gonz that lasted 2 skates and an Isle Jensen that had a wheelbase that was too long for my liking.

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

3 Likes

Ooooh might have to try a Magenta board. You’re old and skate good, I trust you :grin:

Skating a Manhead National board at mo.

8.1 mellow concave.
HLC press so in Spain - less carbon footprint etc.
I like it - might switch to the steep concave next time.
As with Magenta and a few other brands, National have graphics that I’m not ashamed to be seen riding as an OAP and it’s a brand owned by my friends.

3 Likes

Small sizes are slim pickings these days.
Graphics, might have to put that concern to one side.

HAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Currently riding a Landscape board and it is lovely.

1 Like

You might be into something here. A quick search and there’s tons of smaller Magenta boards. People seem to think generator are the best wood for some reason too

Yeah, they have boards of every size from 7.5 to 8.8 in every drop. So rad.

Not sure if Generator is the best wood but I’m more than happy with it.

1 Like

LOVENSKATE but I’m a bit biased. Either penswood or generator , Stu always list which woodshop.

1 Like

Skating a Magenta 7.875 at the moment. Will probably get another. Would like the current mountains deck.

2 Likes

Stu?

Just had a quick look at Magenta and I really like their style. I’ll definitely be considering these for future purchases.

2 Likes

This looks like a decent option. Their graphics aren’t too outrageous and I like that it’s produced in Spain instead of the other side of the world. As with everything else I’ve liked the look of, the first few online stores I checked are out of stock in 7.75 but I’ll keep looking.

Any idea how I can find out other brands using HLC?

this thread is going to cause some expensive experimentation in the future…

1 Like

Don’t think they’ve been a thing for a bit now. Blast boards are made in the UK though!

2 Likes

Stu is the dude that owns/runs LoveNskate. 100% nicest safest dude ever.

2 Likes

Got a few skates in with him in Barca. Lovely bloke.

Oh he’s the dude from their shop tour video? That was funny. It really fucks me off that board companies aren’t more sharing about deck data. I wanna see shape model numbers, woodshop codes, 3D models of the shape (okay maybe that’s a step too far)

1 Like