Yuto's april part

Just about to watch

4 Likes

Short but fucking mental.
SOTY in the bag surely?

P.S I know it’s in the SOTY thread already.
Last trick must be a P Rod reference too?

1 Like

Wasn’t as good as Miles’ part tbh. Last trick was a bit ‘just because you can…’.

4 Likes

Short and heavy indeed!
Quite liked the ender but then again I always liked nollie front foot flips for some reason.
The nollie bluntslide was wild, props for not going to fakie on that one. Frontside nollie switch K on the kinked rail too, wow.

I want Tom Knox to win but he’s more PG Tips than PBR and that doesn’t help much with Thrasher.

Yeah word but added to all of his other parts this year it basically shits on everyone.
I wouldn’t cry if Big Tone won though but it has to be Yuto surely.

Still haven’t watched the Silvas part - I can’t get beyond the Mickey Fynn fit

6 Likes

Completely agree. Yuto’s part was underwhelming, ender aside, just because it’s so short. It felt thrown together and under cooked. A quick drop of footage purely for SOTY. Miles’ part has the hammers and also feels like a part. There’s some care gone into it.

I suppose quality of edit etc. doesn’t really matter when considering SOTY. And Yuto’s Nike part from earlier in the year was genuinely great.

3 Likes

It’s 100% a must watch I’d say. The enders if nothing else.

Yuto has had a good year but somehow seeing his somewhat overexposed comp tricks done on street doesn’t hit like it should. Personal opinion, worthless of course. Thrasher will do what they gonna do.

I’d love to see Pedro win it more than anyone. He came up on my radar heavy this year with his international selfycam downhill missions and his part is one that is gonna stand the test of time I think.

1 Like

I definitely get the feeling this was put together pretty quick. Miles said he’s been in San Francisco since this time last year so he’s had plenty of time to fill it with quality footage. Shame he didn’t also fill it with quality outfits.

3 Likes

Last 3 clips were the SOTY level we want. Unreal.

3 Likes

Not watching a part because of the clothes you might hypothetically see in it is certainly a choice

2 Likes

Feels like he just needed to pad it out by another 40 seconds and there’d be no debate. Silvas can’t win it with one part. Yuto has set a high bar for himself. Across the year it has to be him for me ( and the small guy )

3 Likes

It could also be sarcasm /s

1 Like

Just watched the Miles part.
Incredible skating - especially the last three tricks.
Did absolute nothing for me though and I will never watch it again.

1 Like

Found my eyes glazing over far too easily for such a short part. Ender was cool, but I find Yuto increasingly soulless. Strong agree with whoever said it felt a bit thrown together too.

2 Likes

It’s good but it wasn’t pick your jaw off the floor SOTY level

Like that Martinez section. That was the facemelter standard

Switch front tail to backtail bs flip out was so sick. Thought it’d be longer than that but some great stuff in there. I’m leaning towards Pedro Delfino getting it.

1 Like

Liked this one too :+1:

2 Likes

Too short so I wouldn’t be surprised if another ones drops out of the blue, to really seal it. Seems like that would be a fun thing to do.

Yuto’s the kind of skater that I want to see the raw footage and/or offcuts from… Not short, quickly flipping between multiple angles editing

2 Likes