Advice for a old guy returning

It’s click bait for kids basically.

2 Likes

Strengthing your back and core muscles is probably a good shout

So my setup is Madness Deck 8.5, Indy stage 11 trucks, bones 54mm wheels and bones red bearings
Trying to get use to riding looser trucks than I would have chosen to ever ride also trying to stop pushing mongo
I can tick tac, can skate down bankings, off kerbs, I can kick turn on transitions but not very high up, I can revert.
I just want to be able to skate bowls or mini ramps and do basic lip tricks

Lancaster eh? Some mighty fun cobbles to dick about on up there. However if you’re looking for low impact head to Halton community centre they have a great fun wee park with a bowl and lots of mellow stuff to ease you back into the flow of things. Plus the cafe does a decent cuppa and last time i went they had a marmalade tea loaf that was served in big thick slices, not southern slithers.

Be lucky you never experienced Ryeland estate

1 Like

I hope Slap finds this.

1 Like

Lived in the Lancaster area all 49 years so I know the area

Guys looking to set up an New Deal monkey bomber with Indy 169’s and some new wheels
Mainly going to skate concrete parks and pools some very smooth new and some older ones.
This is a list of wheels I’ve short listed and advice on which would be best

DOGTOWN “K9 80’s” Skateboard Wheels 57mm 97a

Speedlab “Nomads” Skateboard Wheels 56mm 97a

POWELL PERALTA “Dragon Formula - V6” Skateboard Wheels 56mm 93a

SPITFIRE “Formula Four” Conical Full Skateboard Wheels 97a 56mm

SPITFIRE “Formula Four” Radial Full Skateboard Wheels 56MM 97A

Dragon formula all day long. Especially on older parks.

No. Spitfires

1 Like

They ok on new smooth concrete as well?
I get they are meant to be amazing on rough concrete

What makes you say spitfires?
Interested to hear peoples reasons and thoughts

Becasue they are really good. Sorry, not very useful advice.

Not tried the dragon ones because i haven’t needed to change wheels in the last few years due to them being great.

1 Like

It’s fine, seem to find people like what they like and stick with them

If you’re only going to ride smooth then yeah, spitfires. If you’re going to ride smooth and rough, then dragons.

But tbh I think I’ll only ride these soft, slideable wheels from now on. Solves so many problems.

Anyone know any good videos online to help with learning to skate bowls?
The few I’ve watched I don’t feel are great for a beginner starting off again.
Or even if not any video recommendations just some good helpful advice would do
Cheers guys

Looks useful for learning to pump and keeping momentum round a bowl.

1 Like

My advice would be to hit up a decent local there and ask them to carve round the bowls (make sure they are same stance) whilst you follow them around the park a few times. Really helped me understand how to hit corners and where to pump. Learn how and where to pump one corner, then move to another, then you can start linking it all up

Loose trucks are your friend.

I know but I definitely hate them