Andy Anderson

I loved it. I’m happy to have reached the point of having no hangups about what people wear or do on their boards now. The range of styles you can digest is amazing. It’s cool everyone can find something to relate to. I still have hangups about music choice though. That instrumental was dead.

3 Likes

I thought that was amazing. When I first saw skating it was magical to me and that sort of shit males me feel like that all over again. He’s a really nice chap too.

3 Likes

I love his style - old meets new.

Like those Sims Brad Bowman boards from 2000.

The really interesting thing about him is that he takes freestyle, street and vert moves and puts them all together

I think I preferred you when you were trying to defend Brexit.

5 Likes

He’s an oddball. Weird square deck. Rides street in a helmet. But completely my number one favourite skater

Isn’t that what all skaters do in a way? He can come off looking like a jack of all trades, master of none though.

He does it more than most, I think. When it hangs together he’s stunning but sometimes it doesn’t and it looks like he’s come out of the bowl to do a bit of freestyle before going back in

It’s like mixing tea, coffee and hot chocolate all into the same cup, tastes like shit

9 Likes

Can we just ban Warwick now? Next he’s going to be ruining the footage thread

3 Likes

I like Andy, he knows he’s not a beautiful skater, he just does his own thing and damn, he’s good at it. It’s fucking ugly at times and totally unnecessary for video parts and tradition skate coverage but it’s interesting to see in a totally voyeuristic way
Can’t knock the crazy consistency and board control.

4 Likes

He’s an oddball for sure and a good one, if Rodney Mullen came out with this part everyone would be raving about it.
But as it’s Andy and he’s a bit Tod falcon it’s not getting the credit.
I’m not a fan of his helmet look, board shapes but he’s a harmless guy who’s good on a board.

3 Likes

Difference is Rodney Mullen invented most of it, that’s why people respect his parts.

1 Like

I enjoyed it however they could have left some clips on the floor. The stall leg over the rail thing and the one foot chain balance shit should have been left out. I get it, it’s his thing but it would have flowed a lot better.

All of skating is pretty much Mullen but people get slated for a dark slide over v-flip.
And also lots of that trickery wouldn’t be much different from deawon and we love it when he’s doing it .

Wow, hold your horses there. It’s nothing like Daewon. Louie Barletta x Ritchie Jackson maybe, haha.

2 Likes

Haha , may have to dig out the deawon insta and Anderson clips for a comparison

He’s awful.

But I think he could be on the spectrum and so I forgive his weirdness.

He’s different and people recognise that. From an interview: