Andy Anderson

Stacy and George have been irrelevant for decades and Powell are a very watered down brand. Andi has put Powell on the map more than Powell getting him out there.

2 Likes

Exactly “Airwalk sponsored Tony Hawk, now theyre sponsoring you, LUCKY!”

1 Like

He’s obviously an incredible skateboarder but he will be forgotten quickly, especially by anyone with an interest in style and trick selection. He won’t ever be seen as one of the greats, no matter if he fits 20 tricks into one ledge, he has no style and no trick selection, no matter how lovely a dude he is etc.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s even important nowadays, not for many people.
You can say that about anything, Music, Film, TV, Art etc etc, It’s a conveyor of stuff to take in and no one has longevity unless they push themselves to be in front of you all the time. Gone is the golden age of the pure talented superstar of whatever.

Everybody is “on the spectrum”, whether they’ve been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or not btw.

6 Likes

He has skill and ability with a skateboard, but is a classic example of Doesn’t Mean You Should. Similar to Andy MacDonald in the late 90s. Good for sure, but still meh.

2 Likes

This is it. He’ll have his 15 minutes, like every other circus-skater, then he’ll move on to let the next person do it.

1 Like

Yeah defo agree on certain elements of that, but on a whole, I would disagree, I think in all creative mediums where there is subjectivity, there is a scene and mutual understanding what is trash and what kinda stuff is successful for the right reasons, especially in art and film! And skateboarding transfers over well to the same discussion. Like, magazines with good taste are going to be read by people with similar interests who put certain people on a platform, and the kids and groms and ‘revives’ will have their own legends which don’t really interweave.

Maybe the best example of this is in the fashion world in which things like magazines and colabs show a certain status which is elevated above the bigwigs even if they’re not as widely seen or monetised.

Yep, totally agree as well, it’s just different, people find their way and people will always aspire. It’s just different. There are millions of kids Totally fanning out over Andy, more than anyone did over Gino in the 90s but that’s got lots of reasons to as why, like amount of exposure and audience.

1 Like

I completely agree. I feel autism, aspergers etc are void conditions because I don’t think they are even a thing, no one is malfunctioning, or everyone is malfunctioning, it’s just how much. I have a weird geeky way of thinking what, how and why we are who we are but I won’t subject anyone to that, ha.

1 Like

Defo! Kinda like how apparently Revive is one of the best or biggest selling board brands ever but barely any skater that gets posted on Free, Grey, Solo, etc, probably even something like Thrasher wouldn’t have a clue about who even skates for them.

Higher up it than me or you then.

You shouldn’t let people off for it, if you think their shit stinks then say it, don’t take it back because you think that something is wrong with them.

Not my opinion, a fact: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4986048/

That, and ‘Haha, I’m so OCD today’ type shit is starting to get a bit annoying.

3 Likes

If you’re doing some weird 1mph Todd Falcon shit it doesn’t matter whether you’re doing it on top of a mountain or in your back garden.

2 Likes

I know I might be wrong, but I do believe that Stacy’s mom has got it going on.

1 Like

Hahahaha

1 Like

Holy shit.

1 Like

18 year old joke, nice.

Pure ‘How do you do, fellow kids’, that.

2 Likes

Proper dad joke granted but showing a human side at least :wink:

3 Likes