Be kind rewind

is this:

2 Likes

No doubt a mega cliche but 4 of my favourite skaters right there.

What’s this then?

Half of you are probably in this but it’s new to me:

Going through some old DVDs and whacked this on, it’s a good un

1 Like

One of my favourite UK vids. Lots of mates in this, it still holds up well.

4 Likes

I’ll post the extras of this sometime soon on ze other channel I got!

Great vid.

2 Likes

Just seeing the intro on the First Broadcast 20th anniversary Grey Mag thing @Nozzleboy posted in the footage thread reminded me how much I watched this video. Loved it. Worth a good few rewatches for sure.

4 Likes

Yeah same mate. I rinsed that vid when it came out. I remember it being winter and skating the local indoor multi carpark every night then going back to mates and smoking rocky whilst watching/dissecting this vid. Great times.

3 Likes

The whole video which this comes from is great.
We had a copy at the skatepark when I worked there, late 90’s.

I think it was on the Bonus Round DVD as an extra with a load of the older Tilt/NC videos.

1 Like

That slam made me feel sick, not sure how you’d get back on after something like that. Curbs and ledges only?

I was obsessed by this Stereolab tune when I first got the album. Haven’t listened to it in years until now. Time-warp goose-bumps.

I’m not 100% on this but iirc that clip was in Viewfinder 2. Man zips past, ollies stairs in slo-mo, kicks board out, on landing smashes paving slab(s) with his feet, looks down then looks to camera and says, completely deadpan, something to the effect of, ‘lucky it weren’t no bones’, gives wry smile, starts walking back up the stairs. Lucky he’s got metal legs really.

Edit: I’ve had a bit of a think about it and I might be wrong about it being in VF2. I have a feeling it might have been in a Brighton/ Level scene video, (possibly an Alan Glass one). I know exactly which clip you meant straight away though. I don’t think he had a second go. I have no idea if anyone else ever gave it a crack. I have a vague recollection of hearing a BMXer tried it - unsure of the outcome there though. When I was in Brighton one time I took a look at it, skate spot tourist style, and rolled towards the stair set just so see what it looked like irl. It would have been like jumping off a cliff…

1 Like

Forgot PJ used to be on Adidas

Funny how neither are on DC anymore.

2 Likes

I went to that park once. Skated it for all of five mins before spending the rest of my time there in the Portaloo opposite the park shitting through the eye of a needle then sleeping in the car.

Memories.

6 Likes

He made a video called Live Animation, which I had.
Was okay. Probably full of gold looking back now, but at the time his videos just seemed like random collections of clips by whoever was about that day…

1 Like

All shot on Super-8, wow? Lots of good stuff in there but Jazz really doesn’t go with vert skating, huh?

6 Likes