Be kind rewind

Coakley was on first.

The song matches the skating in the part so well.

3 Likes

Such a sick part, straight Nollie into the bank at 2.10 is so dope - infact that whole video is amazing.

Morgan Campbell was another. He even had a pro board for the Australian market at one point.

There’s something about this part I’ve always loved. Only just noticed the time-travelling way he wears his kecks. The ender is absolutely bonkers

Appropriately rewatched this this morning.

He came out with the best quotes,

“I’ve never met a baby before…well not up close”

2 Likes

I always remembered the bit where he is trying a drop in off a roof and he asks people to hurl abuse at him to psych him up and commit. I’m in shock about what’s happened. My thoughts are with his friends and family. I never met him but he seemed like such a decent guy. Rest in peace

“I need one more swarm of abuse”

Such a way with words.

This will never fail to hype me up for a skate, no music, sick ledge combos, smooth style, good shit.

His Instagram is always full of nothing but solid clips too.

2 Likes

Originally posted in wrong thread. My bad.

He makes it look so easy.

I wonder, if you took someone of average skateboarding ability and made them hang out for a year, skating every day with some of those super hero skateboarders like MJ, Daewon, Guy etc, would they be a measurably better skateboarder at the end of that year just by being able to absorb techniques by watching those guys, or would they just get pissed off and quit.

1 Like

Mesmerising.

1 Like

It makes no sense that he’s ended up where he is. He’s one of the best of all time.

Social media is to blame. Well, he is. But exacerbated by the internet

Edit. Just for clarity - i was talking about MJ, not Mike. But still, Mike is also incredible

I don’t think anything is really to blame for where he is now. Mike has always had his issues and is constantly working through them. He’s happy these days and still skating! He will always be the most gifted skater I’ve seen in person.

At the age of 12 I was sponsored in rock climbing.
That made me the youngest sponsored rock climber in the UK at the time.
By 14, I’d lost my love for it because I wasn’t doing it on my terms but instead turning up to events at the beck and call of the companies I was sponsored by, usually at indoor climbing comps.
I dropped out of it entirely.
There must be skaters who can’t be arsed to skate for someone else and Mike could well be that way inclined.
On the up side, if he still skates, at least he is doing it for his own enjoyment.

1 Like

I was referring to the video of Marc Johnson when i said social media was to blame for where he is now. Confusing tho, as i replied directly after the video of Mike and i suppose some of the same sentiments could apply.

Regardless, the video of Mike is so sick and I’m stoked he’s still out there skating at that level

Hahaha oops my bad

Is there any new footage of Mike Wright kicking around?

1 Like

Not new but probably unseen - a friend of mine recently found a load of old footage from 2004 that basically had a full Mike part and he’s going to be putting it online later this year, I think.

1 Like