Be kind rewind

Rasa Libre was sick. It was a shame it didn’t last longer. I rode Rasa decks for a bit and wore one of their t shirts for years past them folding. It kind of just disintegrated in the end, (I meant the t shirt but the same could probably be said of the company too :man_shrugging:).

1 Like

Loved some of their team but always thought Matt Field was one of the most bang average sponsored skaters. He never did anything particularly good and he wasn’t even saved by his style.

2 Likes

Yep, for someone who did so much yoga he looked surprisingly stiff legged - always stood up too soon and too quickly after landing. His I Path shoe was the best thing about him.

3 Likes

Matt Field’s fits certainly didn’t help either. Where skaters like Kenny Reed and Tony Cox were able to carry off that ethno-garb flair, he just looked like a berk. I mean I seem to remember him rocking cow print trousers, an Aztec waistcoat sans shirt and a little fez with his white guy dreads crammed up into it. That’s not going to do anyone’s appeal any favours now is it :joy:.

2 Likes

Matt Field was known for switch wallies and wallrides wasn’t he? Maybe he dined out on those a bit too much.

i do get the MF ambivilance
this was nuts for the time - 93 ish?

3 Likes

I can’t say I was ever a big fan of Matt Field but I liked the fact that he brought something different. The whole iPath thing was rad.

1 Like
12 Likes
2 Likes

Sheffey sounds pretty fried. Or has he always sounded like that?

I think that’s just Sheffey. He sounds the same in his intro to that part.

He has to have been a little fried to have decided that a 7.25’’ pro model, (the yellow fighting Irish one), was a good idea. I had one and even my Venture 5.0’s were pretty dragster on it :joy:

1 Like

The fakie flip at 2.26 is the best one ever recorded to film imo!
Even better than the Kalis one from photosynthesis.

7 Likes

Close tie with this one

2 Likes

Ooof yeah forgot about that one, very casual!
A lot of time for the Arto one at MACBA but that’s a little different as it’s not on the flat.

1 Like

For me it will always be Travis Stenger’s opening line in this:

Mainly because it follows two other incredible examples of flip tricks.

4 Likes

Impeccable Sw Switch flip.

What’s weird about a person that rides for a company having a part in their video?

1 Like

Watched this because of a work thing recently. Such a fun remix. Paging @franc

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: 3:06

Such a good remix

I was digging through a shoe box of old skate dvds and came across this -

I don’t know anyone other than me who’s seen it.

Undertow - a san francisco based video with full parts from Ben Gore and Max Van Arnem (R.I.P.), (and clips from a load of other skaters. The friends sections are a dope who’s who of proper street skaters. Great soundtrack to boot). It was filmed and edited by Alex Wolslagel on a 1989 RCA VHS Camera.

I think I bought it around 8 years ago (maybe from Palomino, but can’t remember for sure).

I know that the weird format thing’s been rinsed now and people will hate on it but at the time it was still a kind of novelty. It does have that nostalgic feel good vibe to it if you’re of a certain age. The camera it was filmed on is probably older than a lot of forumers, hehe.

It’ll get you wanting to go skate (or get down to your local optometrist to have your eyes checked for cataracts.)

4 Likes