Be kind rewind

Elissa, BA, SF, Lennon.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Good amount of Rikk and MC. Those tweaked Japan airs, wow. Julien skating. Malto looking similar in 2008 and 2023. BA with big gnarly boots on. TNT and a lot of attitude. RIP P-Stone.

1 Like

Fantastic 360 flip and lesser seen f/s 360 shove in this.

2 Likes

Grapevine section from 411vm #1, features Curtis McCann footage, Radlands’ phone number & the Virtual Reality premiere…

1 Like

This wasn’t the version on the VHS was it? There’s a lot of dialogue I never heard before. Either way, a classic

1 Like

No, thats not the VHS version. Lots of extra stuff.

Very, very stoked to hear Carroll refer to a feeble as a Grapefruit Grind. When I’ve mentioned that name in the past, people looked at me like I was making it up.

2 Likes

excellent timing - i was reading the Thrasher article on this a couple of days ago, never saw the actual part

Is Jamie Turnbull’s Wide Eyed World uploaded anywhere? Under a different name or anything?

Maybe he hadn’t uploaded it for a reason?

Anyway, you’ll have deleted yours now I’m sure.

1 Like

Physical over here :+1:

5 Likes

I’m still a bit weird and like physical copies :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice one.

1 Like

What does that mean?

Reasons that didn’t matter to you, clearly.

Whatever.

Obvs

3 Likes

Josh hadn’t uploaded it until now because he just thought it would get pulled for music.

He has just uploaded it because I’m doing something with him about ‘Static’ and he’s dusted off all his digital master copies for it.

I’m sure you’ve considered all of the reasons why all of the people whose photos you’ve scanned and posted hadn’t done so yet though. :wink:

3 Likes

This sounds cool, looking forward to it. Great series of vids.

Re Jamie Turnbull’s video @buildafire
You probably searched on YouTube right?
I uploaded it to the Sidewalk YT but set it to private as I hadn’t been able to ask Jamie for permission - kinda plausible denial if he wasn’t stoked.
As such only way to find it is to google it and go to old Sidewalk mag site post and it’s there.
So, in short, you’re not a mong :wink:

1 Like

It’s because in most cases the photographers aren’t shooting skateboarding anymore, they’ve lost the originals or they’ve got no ongoing income from those pictures.

1 Like