Be kind rewind

how is Lucas Puig tennis champ, street gangsta and beachside lorathio all at the same time

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/films/away-days

3 Likes

Weirdest video description. First full length?

Repost via @Nozzleboy

2 Likes

Two fried eggs right there.

3 Likes

Anything by Scott Johnston is worth a re-watch but this is a favourite. Best arms in skateboarding and subject of the best skate photo ever too.

4 Likes

Surely you mean this photo (also Scott Johnson)?

4 Likes

That’s a nice photo of a parking meter I suppose.

3 Likes

Peter Hewitt wants a word.

Peter Hewitt…ok. Good shout, he’s a bit ‘Fighting Irish’ but fair enough. Thought somebody would say Antwuan.

1 Like

To be judged as “best arms”, you have to do something with them.

1 Like

Marc Johnson gets my vote

2 Likes

I set myself a (stupid) challenge of posting a single video part every day for one year. The parts are the lesser known/ shouldn’t be forgotten or straight wicked parts. Every once in a while I’ll have themed weeks (Japanese skaters, duets, creative…).

Right now I’m sweating away in +30 degree heat and saw today’s part was Mike Manzoori and Kyle Keeper’s Rain or Shine part from Etnies. This part is a cool antidote to the heat. It’s also a short videography masterpiece. The under board street gap comes to mind.

I link to my site and the yt for those who can’t be arsed to check what else has been posted.

1 Like

One of the best switch heelflips of all time.

2 Likes

Would have loved to see this guy’s skating over the years. RIP Justin Case.

Always liked that one, really good stuff.

This one was dope too:

He’s not dead? Login • Instagram

(That’s a genuine question, that seems to both be him and an active account if you look at the tags)

That’s weird. I was certain the guy had passed away.
Maybe he went to prison or something?

Just found this which explains.

@navitronic on this occasion I accept any criticism you have of me.

I feel bad. Glad he’s still alive. Still highly rate the 16 part.

When City Stars fell apart I kinda simultaneously had a pretty serious knee injury, which I couldn’t afford to fix with no insurance at the time. PRod and Mikey were on other companies now - I think girl and AWS? Anyways a lot changed overnight and I was outta the game with an injury that I couldn’t fix. Anyways skip forward like 4 months where I’m actually pretty much healed to the best of my knowledge. I got back on a board and it seemed like almost once a week I was popping my knee out and it would be sore for like a couple days and then I could start rolling around and skating. To make a Long story short I was over hurting my knee once every other week. I know there’s rumors I did this and I did that. Well yeah, I started taking pain killers for an injury and shit progressed to really strong street drugs. Which turned into legal problems and a prison sentence. Such is life I wouldn’t take it back for anything. You live and learn. Either way my knee wasn’t allowing me to skate the way I liked to.

Can I save it for a more egregious example of you being a knob? :joy: (I kid, I kid)

Perhaps, you are thinking of Joey Poirez? the birdhouse am that passed away due to drugs.

Possibly.
I just remember one minute Justin was there and then he wasn’t. And what with peers and media talking about him in the past tense it wasn’t obvious.

On a completely other topic, listening to the Mostly Skateboarding podcast, they were discussing girl/chocolate teams and the Rhythm/Planet Earth teams and it made me think that as a top tier camp, Crailtap maybe looked towards Kayo as their grooming grounds to pick and choose talent to ride for them. I could easily see Chany, Karl, Jack etc riding for Girl or Choco.

Hopefully that thought is relevant to this nostalgia themed thread.

Naming your kid Justin Case.

3 Likes