Be kind rewind

2 Likes

After watching Lenz III in one sitting last night I went down memory lane and watched these two classics. Thankfully I have the DVD set that dwindle put out a fair few years back so don’t have to suffer the music copyright issues that the YouTube versions seem to have.

4 Likes

Gideon Choi in Trilogy :ok_hand:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Not quite of the same calibre as the 3 decades of Girl edit. Finally, now that nobody really gives a hoot about Magenta, they have posted this up. A Magenta/ Tightbooth/ FESN/ Fat Bros collab vid.

I bought the DVD at the time and rinsed it - somehow it seems way longer than just ten years ago.

2 Likes

Long time since I’ve see this!

1 Like

First part is banging iirc

9 Likes

BC EFB

(Found the GIF making machine again)

11 Likes

Put this in publications :+1:

Early Josh Stewart video that uses Superchunk, Dinosaur Jr. and Archers of Loaf.

1 Like
9 Likes

Mute it for the bible thumping, starts at 19:12

4 Likes

Amazing nollie flips

And backtails. Maybe top 5 back tailer

1 Like

Who else would be in your top 5 then?

Imagine being this far ahead in 1990.

2 Likes

Thought about posting last night as a follow up.
I think I’d go with (in no order):

Jason Lee,
Gideon Choi,
Nate jones,
Shawn mandoli
For combos, in and out- ronnie creager

I’m struggling to think of some modern day greats, but I know there are loads

Edit- not modern but Stefan janoski always had a great one. Quite similar to Jason Lee’s

Edit edit: Paul shier and Mike Carroll honourable mentions

2 Likes

Interesting. Not sure about my top 5, it’s damn hard.
Jason Lee and Carroll for sure. Tyler Bledsoe has a really, really solid one. Tom Asta can sit on them too. BA deserves a honorable mention. So does A-Lo I suppose. Remember Crockett flipping into and out of backtails up 3 stairs (in Alright, OK maybe)? That was so sick. Reemo of course. Gino in The Chocolate Tour. JB once did a long one on a ledge going over a manny pad at my local skatepark, it was pretty special for sure.

1 Like