Be kind rewind

It really was! Arto no longer skating is sad too. Would be great to see him skating curbs and small ramps à la Daclin.

1 Like

This! Love seeing Daclin clips, would love to see him get a full slappy/wallies part out. Learnt a few tricks off the back of seeing what he’s doing.

Atlas - Battles is a rad tune as is the whole album but it was a weird choice to skate to.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that it’s the long term effects of jumping down stairs and then needing to neck a pint of ibuprofen to ease the aching joints that have effectively sidelined him. Makes sense that he built his backyard bowl a few years ago to be able to skate something rather than go through the pain of street skating all the time.

1 Like
2 Likes

I thought it was absolutely perfect

1 Like

Yeah it worked and it didn’t jarr in any way. I think it felt a little odd because I knew the tune well beforehand and it was very current and not something you’d expect to be on a skate video. Like I said, it totally worked.

2 Likes

this is a great part.
PJ/ Creager-esque tech on sick spots with a loose, engaging style

Ender is still 100% banger but there’s loads of good shit in here.

1 Like

Schaffhausen powerhouse! Weird (but cool!) to see this posted here.

Fakie backtail 450 shove out at 3:49 could have been illegal but it was dope.

1 Like

The issue finding thread has got me reminiscing…

I got Welcome To Hell and Mouse for Xmas 1996, wasn’t allowed to watch them until everyone had gone to bed Xmas day, first part in Welcome To Hell was like an injection of gnar, remember thinking “He’s skating in Traffic!” “He just got straight up after that gap!” “How the fuck did he ollie that wall?” all to a Misfits soundtrack… and he hadn’t turned pro at this point!

Remember really wanting his first board, but then ultimately didn’t get it because it was an 8 and that seemed way too big…

2 Likes

he had a good Kingpin interview.
tech that is neither clinical or sloppy rotten is rare.

(keep the Euro gems coming! pretty sure skateboarding is Brexit-proof, in soul at least)

I got it through an older mate who told me it was incredible. Barley skating to Sabbath, Maldonado skating a rail landing in some stairs, JT’s opening line at the Brooklyn Banks, a friends section to Somebody To Love, a religious twat calling Satva a son of a bitch, a dude nobody had ever heard about bluntsliding Hubba, Ed destroying a testicle, a girl that came out of nowhere and skated rails… It sounded incredible, and it really was! Watched it so many times.

It’s in my top 3 with Video Days (and Mouse or EE3).

I still regularly listen to London Dungeon, it reminds me of this vid and how psyched on it I was as a teenager. I even have a Misfits tee that I never wore because it has a weird fit (fuck Gildan) but it was 5 quid in HMV and I can’t chuck it away. Haha.

3 Likes

Hahahaha!

° orders bottle of white °

1 Like

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/tag/welcome-to-hell-week/

2 Likes

WTH is a monster, so so good.
got to wonder whether Muska’s part would have changed the vibe

So much better without it. Shit happened just right for it to come out as it should have. I reckon anyway.

Tyler Surrey is so underrated. He often skates to good songs and his tech lines in SD schoolyards are never boring, which is rare these days. Check these ones out (0:18 and 1:08). So ill. The nollie noseslide at 1:38 is incredible too. Well, everything he does is. I love the nollies over that wooden thing at 1.00ish.

1 Like
4 Likes

Dunno, but he’s a proper DH when he’s had a drink.