Be kind rewind

That William Phan part with the mirror line :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Very cool vid.

2 Likes

TDGAFAU 100% favourite video ever ever ever.

3 Likes

@voodoo forgot how good this was :slight_smile:

- YouTube

1 Like

I posted this on the old forum but it had me so hyped.
It took me 15 years to figure out the vocal sample used in the Luy Pa Sin section.

Otis Reading - Think About It.

1 Like

It hit the nail on the head perfectly and not just with the title! Towards the back end of the 90s I always preferred the UK/European scene and videos over the yank stuff so many people where killing it and only a few were getting any recognition from the USA then puzzle dropped the euro video magazines and changed the game suppose TDGAFAU and the Cliche vids is the pinnacle of that era in a sense. The Puzzle VMs are all on YouTube some of the quality of the early ones ain’t up to much but definitely worth trawling through them.

1 Like

I love how Tyler Bledsoe can make combos that don’t work on paper look good, like the Smith to switch K at 3.00. He films most of his video parts in Portland too which is rad. Spots up there always look good on film.

I really like Kerry Getz style. Wish my Kickflips looked like his

4 Likes

Getz was, maybe still is, great.
That DVS shoe in brown and gum was lovely.

Don’t think there’s a part on Mosaic that I don’t like.

2 Likes

They changed the song in that edit. Probably due to copyright. Love this part and video

Damn iPhone ha

Was a treat to see bits of Getz in the cky videos, which reminds me, Novak’s mini ramp bit in cky 3 was sick looking back at it

Are you sure?
It was the same tune I remember for that part.

On the version I had it was this song:

Was there a vhs and a dvd version?
But then my copy was probably pirated from limewire

Certainly wasn’t that on Mosaic.
Might have been a rerelease on dvd but it was still VHS mostly when I was selling it.
Watch it with the right soundtrack, the whole video.

That Love tune is on DVS skate more, possibly Torey Pudwill’s part. Def never on Mosaic. I had VHS and DVD.

I’m going to watch Mosaic before sleep.

Wenning and ToC.

Dude was well good.

His Jump Off A Building section to the Scorpions (yes, the Scorpions) was badass. Starts at 10:10ish. Lines with multiple allies are often illegal but that one he does at 11:32 is so cool.

His park footage was always banging too. That Kerry Getz Busy mini section ar 21:40 was the bomb, that DJ Krush tune really suited his skating. The backside kickflip at 22:14, holy shit.

Kerry Getz is amazing. Because he left the skate industry when he was still pretty peak, his entire output is locked into that era. I love that.

I hate his temper tantrums though haha.