Be kind rewind

The issue finding thread has got me reminiscing…

I got Welcome To Hell and Mouse for Xmas 1996, wasn’t allowed to watch them until everyone had gone to bed Xmas day, first part in Welcome To Hell was like an injection of gnar, remember thinking “He’s skating in Traffic!” “He just got straight up after that gap!” “How the fuck did he ollie that wall?” all to a Misfits soundtrack… and he hadn’t turned pro at this point!

Remember really wanting his first board, but then ultimately didn’t get it because it was an 8 and that seemed way too big…

2 Likes

he had a good Kingpin interview.
tech that is neither clinical or sloppy rotten is rare.

(keep the Euro gems coming! pretty sure skateboarding is Brexit-proof, in soul at least)

I got it through an older mate who told me it was incredible. Barley skating to Sabbath, Maldonado skating a rail landing in some stairs, JT’s opening line at the Brooklyn Banks, a friends section to Somebody To Love, a religious twat calling Satva a son of a bitch, a dude nobody had ever heard about bluntsliding Hubba, Ed destroying a testicle, a girl that came out of nowhere and skated rails… It sounded incredible, and it really was! Watched it so many times.

It’s in my top 3 with Video Days (and Mouse or EE3).

I still regularly listen to London Dungeon, it reminds me of this vid and how psyched on it I was as a teenager. I even have a Misfits tee that I never wore because it has a weird fit (fuck Gildan) but it was 5 quid in HMV and I can’t chuck it away. Haha.

3 Likes

Hahahaha!

° orders bottle of white °

1 Like

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/tag/welcome-to-hell-week/

2 Likes

WTH is a monster, so so good.
got to wonder whether Muska’s part would have changed the vibe

So much better without it. Shit happened just right for it to come out as it should have. I reckon anyway.

Check out the Parade online skate shop