Ben Raemers RIP

Feels weird to even post this, but given it’s on Enjoi’s instagram…

RIP.

Was always stoked on him from seeing him being a tiny kid skating lots of the London stuff going on around 15 years ago, right through to being in the US and on Enjoi.

4 Likes

damn, we have lost a total ruler.
:heart:

2 Likes

This is so so tragic and does not need to keep happening. If things seem too much tell someone, anyone. Post on the mental health thread. Whenever I’d see Ben he was always happy and chatty and cool as. An incredibly sad and depressing day.

4 Likes

This is hard to believe. RIP Ben and all my condolences to his family, friends and everyone who knew him. Too sad.

Oh my god

Saw the news starting to trickle its way onto Instagram last night and didn’t want to believe it.

Condolences to anyone on here who may have known him personally. RIP

This is very sad news - unbelievable. I don’t actually know him IRL but know one or two that do.

Condolences to Bens friends and family.

Can’t believe it. So very sad.

RIP Ben. This is terrible.

What a sad day. Ben was mine and my kids favourite skater. So many good parts and vibes. A true inspiration. Love to his family and friends

1 Like

Absolutely bloody awful news. His part in This N That was the first legit skate video part I ever watched and had a huge impact on me.

“It’s a lovely day, the birds are singing, what more could you ask for?”

Deepest and sincerest condolences to his family.

Unbelievably sad. Seemed like such a talented, fun and genuinely nice guy.

Hope his family and friends can eventually take some comfort from the positive impact he had on skateboarding and the respect and esteem he was held in. RIP. Sincere condolences to his loved ones.

:raised_hands:

He did seem like a good lad, from early appearances in Hoax videos and onwards. One of my favourites.

Genuinely saddened by this.

WTF. Is it appropriate to confirm what happened? Insta comments aren’t the best place to read something like this

I didn’t know him but I once stood next to him on a train from Peckham. Seems like a stupid thing to say, but it’s a tiny connection to someone who seemed like a rad human.

RIP

From what Louie Bartletta posting on the enjoi insta it happened at the weekend. Seems to have taken some time for the news to get out.

I can’t believe it. Was so hyped for him, he properly made it.

Rest Easy, hope family and close friends are ok at this tough time.

I This is just so tragic. I met Ben a couple of times through other people and even though they were years apart he always came up to me and said hello and remembered my name, a small thing but it always made me think he was a really decent guy.

It’s been said and I don’t want to dwell on the circumstances or make assumptions but anyone going through anything just talk about it. Post it anonymously in the mental health thread, anything that gets it out of your head and into the world.

(Think I might have posted this twice, my phone is going wild)

4 Likes

:cry:

So sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends (and I know there are a lot of them). I never knew him but would see him about here and there when I lived in London.
He always seemed like he was having a good time. I guess it just goes to show how you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. And how talk is so important. Take care, everyone.

1 Like

How horrible and it seems so out of the blue as well.