Ben Raemers RIP

Awful. Saw him skating in the flesh once or twice and he was always having the most fun. Very sad. We’re all in this together, let’s try make it work.

5 Likes

So gutted. He was such a nice chap, a really fun character and such an incredible skateboarder. He was going to meet a few of us at Bloblands on Friday, but didn’t turn up. Such horrifically sad news.

Struggling to take this in. Always seemed like one of the most happy-go-lucky dudes. So tragic that he couldn’t see any other way. Thoughts are with all family and friends.

He came to the Blue Dog pub ramp in Derby on an tour when he was about 16. he seemed a bit worried about getting in, but once everyone convinced him it was ok he proceeded to tear that ramp a new one. Such sad news.

The amount of love on Instagram from every corner of the globe and every facet of the skateboard world is a fine testament to what an amazing person Ben was.

3 Likes

RIP

Couldn’t believe this when I saw it. Devastating.

Whenever I met him he was the smiliest, happiest, most well meaning guy. For whatever reason, I happened to bump into Ben a lot randomly out and about in London and a couple of times in New York, and he was always the most positive guy beaming with excitement to chat, shred or whatever else.

RIP Ben. Far too young to go.

What is there to say, never met him properly but skated with him, was always stoked on his footage and it was great to see him do well.

RIP

This is so terribly sad. I’m hurting badly and from all the posts it’s a real shock to everyone. He shone so brightly and still will.

2 Likes

Oh jeez, i’m actually shocked by this. He seemed such a rad dude.

I’ve been thinking about this all day, even though I didn’t know him.

It’s just really terrible and just shows that someone’s outward personality isn’t necessarily a reflection of what’s going on inside them.

4 Likes

So sad. RIP Ben.

Same this one has got to me. First thing I saw this morning and still can’t think of anything to say. Didn’t know him that well but the few sessions I had with him in saffron Walden in years gone by really made an impact. He ripped, but also he was a great fucking human. This is such a tremendous waste, I’m so sad.

His welcome to es thing was so great. Must have watched all 3 parts about 5 times today.

“Theres probably, definitely, about, over, there’s probably about, over five thousand cows over there.”

1 Like

This really. Don’t know what to say. I’m sure there’s loads of lovely people in skateboarding but I’d be hard pressed to think of any that seemed as bright and shiny as Ben

4 Likes

RIP Ben.

Not stoked, RIP Ben.

had a full youtube session of everything i could find last night.
this is heartbreaking.

2 Likes

Tottenham DIY shredder. RIP

Me to! Cheers Ben.