Ben Raemers RIP

Gutted I couldn’t make this (it was last night). nyone on here make it? Heard it was a good turnout

It looked it.

I made it down, great turnout. Really cool session with a really odd vibe for obvious reasons. So sad.

2 Likes

Just watched that, some great quotes in there!

I went.
It was really difficult going to there yesterday…walking to the bowl and into the crowd. The first couple of hellos were tough.
But it got easier and everyone was there for one another…lotta love out there right now.

10 Likes

https://www.gofundme.com/ben-raemers-memorial-bench-at-victoria-skatepark

Heartbreaking beyond comprehension. RIP Ben

1 Like

Not sure if my link will work but this is perfect

2 Likes

That is so incredible. Looked amazing lit up. It brought a tear to my eye with the comparison photo of him running out of space painting with the roller and Ben’s boy genius ad.

2 Likes

Amazing

Such a fitting tribute.

“I believe that this is my favourite piece.”

2 Likes

I’ve had Ben on my mine a lot the last couple of days and I was trying to convey to my girlfriend how close it feels even though I’d only met him a handful of times. It really is such a tight community, which is amazing. What do they say? 6 degrees of separation? I reckon in the skating world it’s more like 2 or 3 and I could connect with the world.

Not sure where I’m going with this but I’m sure a lot of you feel the same

7 Likes

I saw him skate at saffron walden a couple of times, incredible skateboarder. This is indeed sad news at anytime but particularly for someone so young.

https://www.thepredatorybird.com/ben-raemers-some-thoughts-on-depression-and-its-worst-case-conclusion/

3 Likes

I love John Rattray

3 Likes

Read that earlier.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Anyone remember rattrayisgod from n26 days

Roger Bagley being completely inconsiderate at 8:00 and not understanding mental illness/depression in any way at all. I don’t know anyone at all that reacted that way to the sad news about Ben. He just comes across as fucking lame in that bit and I’ve stopped watching it.