Bicycle Thread

Steven Hamilton is rad. A very eccentric presence on Instagram.

No pegs looks so much better.

1 Like

There seems to be a strong skate-BMX-basket crossover in the scene around doing up old 26" MTBs. The guy that does Stridsland Journal has mad freestyle skills.

Wasn’t that Nicole Kidman’s screen debut?

2 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

Loved this as a kid. Even now when I spin a pedal backwards and catch it with my foot I’ll make the little ‘sh-ting’ noise in my head.

1 Like

oh yes!

I have always loved bikes, rode BMX is how I was introduced to skating in the 90s.
I don’t own one anymore, I have an ebike to just wiz up and down the coast on, and a proper MTB for some trail stuff. No point having a BMX where I live, surrounded by farms.

Bikes are the best though.

3 Likes

Just put some new tyres on the bike and gave it a thorough clean and polish yesterday. Looks dope.

Had one of these from 85 to 90 when I outgrew it - couldn’t raise the saddle once the bolt rusted. Miine had black Mags on there. Absolutely love that colourway - I’ve seen a few racers with that paint job, I would love to get my hands on one and build my own with an IGH on a bigger frame.

2 Likes

Rad, I had an Andy Ruffell too, no mags though. Mine was just like the photo. I might dig out a photo of me on mine sometime, haha.

1 Like

Do it!

1 Like

Need pics

Here’s the old Skyway. This was when I had just pieced it together after a respray so it’s not 100% finished in the photo but you get the idea.

And the 24’’ Stolen, (don’t ask why there’s a stuffed monkey sat on the seat).

20’’ Stolen is buried under a tonne of stuff - surfboards, sailing stuff, kayaks and other assorted crap will attempt to dig out when I get a minute.

I need to get my Dirt Bike back from the sis too.

3 Likes

This sort of handles like a BMX and is a bunch of fun.

Old photos and it now has new bars, grips, stem, pedals, dropper post and bb/ chainset.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wow, dragging a massive airbag and building a huge quarter just to do this…amazing. But even better when the clip loops round and he tried without the airbag first! Nuts

Palace trailing a collaboration with Brompton on Instagram.

That sounds expensive.

2 Likes