Boxing

Wow it didn’t sound like it would last anything like this long.

Easily done.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’d be that hyped on AJ v Fury now, obviously I’d still watch it but it just feels like fight that should’ve happened ages ago. The real quality is further down the weights now in my opinion with Mayweather/GGG/Canelo etc.

1 Like

Mayweather?? He retired in 2015, but is due to come back for a bout with a youtube influencer, if that’s what you mean?

It would be good if GGG and Canelo completed their trilogy, but I can’t see it happening. It’s all about Canelo vs Callum Smith this Saturday night though. Should be a cracker!

Fair point. His more recent career decisions are pretty questionable, I do believe he’s still one of the greats but granted not hugely active in serious boxing these days to say the very least. Even if you take him away though that doesn’t make the heavyweight division suddenly brilliant.

The Youtuber boxing has to stop, that last one fighting that former NBA player looked nasty as well. I guess the money is just too good turn down even if you get sparked out horribly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/55352896

All over this.

Can’t wait for this. Will be interesting to see if Callum can up his game as he’s really not looked that great in his last couple of outings, after he blew George Groves away.

Looking good!

1 Like

He looks like a different person

2 Likes

He really does and a fit version would be pretty scary I think, it’ll be interesting to see if he keeps going that way.

55lb loss or something like that!

It should do a lot for his stamina down the stretch, if it get’s that far.

Canelo again, that’s an impressive run he’s on.

Yeah, it was a good fight. I thought it was a lot closer than a lot of people were saying and had it scored evens at the point it was stopped. BJS did really well in the middle rounds. But yeah, Canelo is a machine. He looks like he’s hewn from granite.

Just popping in here to say I know absolutely nothing about boxing, but Billy Joe Saunders seems like a right bellend!

Well, he’s been in the news twice in the last few years; once for trying to bribe a drug addict with drugs to do stupid shit and more recently doing a ‘funny’ video for men on the best way to batter their partners during lockdown. Not going to link cos it’s just lame.
Glad he got his face caved in to be honest.

Oh, he’s a total prick, no question. Brilliant fighter though.

Those two go together quite frequently

Mayweather just turned up for the cheque basically, doesn’t look like he even broke into a real sweat.

Oh god I wish these YouTubers would stop all this, nice payday for them both though.

3 Likes