Boxing

Has it started yet? What times KO?

suppose to be 10 but looks like they are stalling to sell more PPVS

1 Like

Fury winning this. Why I am watching this.

Paul dropped him Round 8.

Iā€™ve worked on a few ā€˜influencer boxingā€™ shows this year. Itā€™s a weird scene but they genuinely pull fairly decent numbers and sell more tickets than some pro fights. I can see why broadcasters are going with it.

Itā€™s more like WWE but where kidsā€™ favourite tik tokers belt some youtuber. What an odd time to be alive haha.

2 Likes

@suitcase how can I work with you? I would literally just run around bringing tea and coffee and be there if you get angry you can punch me or something.

Tommy Fury has named his baby daughter Bambi. That probably tells you all you need to know about him.

1 Like

For live event and outside broadcasts thereā€™s quite a lot of work out there. Iā€™m more behind the scenes these days but loads of roles out there.

Thereā€™s something called an EVS operator (replays for live sport) that a lot of people get in to. Once youā€™re good and if you go freelance the day rate is pretty decent , (Ā£350-Ā£400 a day)

1 Like

How would you go about starting that?

Depending where you live, look for your closest Outside Broadcast company and see if thereā€™s any junior roles. Let them flog you to death for a few years, get shit hot, make some contacts and go from there. Big OB companies in the uk are NEP and EMG but thereā€™s smaller outfits to look for too.

I disagree but in the main I hope he is ok, the meltdown at the end of the last Usyk fight was actually really depressing.

1 Like

Aj looks like heā€™s struggling with the pressure of no longer being no.1. Melt down in the ring after Usyk 2. Causing a melee after the bell in this fight.

When I worked for Betfair, we had him visit the office for a q&a. It was before his first pro fight, heā€™d just won Olympic gold.

He was super humble and seemed kind of weirded out at being famous. But he was really nice and made some funny self deprecating jokes etc. Thatā€™s not a quality you see in many pro boxers. Must have had that beaten out of him by his coaches.

2 Likes

Joe Joyce currently taking a lot of punishment in BT 1

Hmm not looking good :grimacing:

Full on CMOAC post here -

Had my first proper kickboxing fight on Friday evening. Well, proper is a bit of a misnomer. It was light contact, full pads and exhibition rules, so just a couple of short rounds and the result is always a draw. I havenā€™t been to a kickboxing class in months, so Iā€™ve only been going to boxing classes and then doing kickboxing sparring and I reckon my technique is way off.

Anyway, I had zero anxiety, not even any butterflies going into it, it was totally fine - I donā€™t look forward to the sparring classes I do each week, but Iā€™m always grateful for doing them and I reckon theyā€™re way, way harder, physically, mentally, everything than this fight the other evening. I think I gave as good I got and definitely landed a few nice shots, as did my oppenent. The odd thing was showing up for training this evening and a few of the folks in the gym were saying that in my match, we were going at it harder than expected, which was kind of funny to hear.

And afterwards, all the adult competitors were chatting and talking with their opponents, like new friends, rather than mortal enemies.

Will probably do another one in a few months, definitely a satisfying experience.

7 Likes

More doping, just what the sport needed.

Interesting officiating in the Usyk fight, dubious shot called low, and then encouraging Usyk to take longer to rest than he wanted to.

Then waving the fight off after Dubois got up on the 9.

Similar to the Joyce fight where Dubois didnā€™t fancy it in the later rounds.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1695565613656133731?s=20

I donā€™t think you get to use the word ā€˜robbedā€™ when youā€™ve not done much aside from a low blow for the whole fight but oh well.

At the same time Dubois wasnā€™t expected to do anything. He was given a punchers chance,

He got his punch in, and itā€™s been deemed low.

When you see how high Usykā€™s shorts are it looks to me it was square on the belly button.

Everyone has them high though donā€™t they?